Microsoft Unveils A Radically Redesigned Windows 8

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Looks interesting but I am just starting to get used to 7, so it will be a while before I think about 8, what about you? Any interest in your buying 8?Windows 8 is coming soon -- and it looks nothing like the Windows you're used to. Microsoft formally introduced Windows 8 on Tuesday to thousands of software developers gathered at the company's annual Build conference in Anaheim, Calif. The software giant said it reimagined Windows for the "changing world of computing." Windows 8 has a completely new visual interface, optimized for touchscreens on mobile devices like tablets.The result is a computer that operates as a kind of hybrid PC and media tablet, with all the functions of a standard PC operating system but the user experience of a tablet.Windows 8 is designed to be "touch first, but equally at home with mouse and keyboard," said Steven Sinofsky, Microsoft's Windows division president.

Jake
Posted
Posted
Looks interesting but I am just starting to get used to 7, so it will be a while before I think about 8, what about you? Any interest in your buying 8?Windows 8 is coming soon -- and it looks nothing like the Windows you're used to. Microsoft formally introduced Windows 8 on Tuesday to thousands of software developers gathered at the company's annual Build conference in Anaheim, Calif. The software giant said it reimagined Windows for the "changing world of computing." Windows 8 has a completely new visual interface, optimized for touchscreens on mobile devices like tablets.The result is a computer that operates as a kind of hybrid PC and media tablet, with all the functions of a standard PC operating system but the user experience of a tablet.Windows 8 is designed to be "touch first, but equally at home with mouse and keyboard," said Steven Sinofsky, Microsoft's Windows division president.
Hey Kuya, thanks for the update......like you, I'm still crawling through Windows7 and haven't fullyunderstood or used its full features yet. Meanwhile, I'll just wait for all the bugs of Windows8 to beironed out and of course, wait for the price to come down.

sjp52
Posted
Posted
Hey Kuya, thanks for the update......like you, I'm still crawling through Windows7 and haven't fullyunderstood or used its full features yet. Meanwhile, I'll just wait for all the bugs of Windows8 to beironed out and of course, wait for the price to come down.
I don,t like the looks of it but need to get it for my tablet as it was designed for it

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

When I bought my wife's laptop last year in the U.S., Windows 7 was already installed! I don't like it! If Windows 8 is an improvement, I'll try it! I have Windows XP on my mini-laptop and Windows Vista Basic Home Edition on my desktop and I like them both way alot better than Windows 7!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
Norseman
Posted
Posted

Windows 8 is not what people think. They are trying to force a tablet type operating system on to the desktop laptop market. Windows 7 is by far the best OS I have used. I used XP until about a month ago on my primary machine. I have now made the leap 100% to Windows 7. Getting back to windows 8. What that OS has done is what many users already do with folders on the desktop. It will place launch areas for various things on the desktop. You will then click that to open up the area you wish. Gone are the days of the start button and task bar as we know it. It has a heavy touch interface which to me is useless. Why do I want greasy grimy finger prints all over my monitor. Though some improvements I do like such as no more reformatting. It has built in restore and re install features. Thus you do not lose your data or files. All in all it will take alot to top windows 7. It boots faster and renders faster then XP. Additionally it seems to be less of a resource hog then I had thought and very comparable to Windows XP. I think windows 8 will be Vista revisited all over again.

Jake
Posted
Posted
Windows 8 is not what people think. They are trying to force a tablet type operating system on to the desktop laptop market. Windows 7 is by far the best OS I have used. I used XP until about a month ago on my primary machine. I have now made the leap 100% to Windows 7. Getting back to windows 8. What that OS has done is what many users already do with folders on the desktop. It will place launch areas for various things on the desktop. You will then click that to open up the area you wish. Gone are the days of the start button and task bar as we know it. It has a heavy touch interface which to me is useless. Why do I want greasy grimy finger prints all over my monitor. Though some improvements I do like such as no more reformatting. It has built in restore and re install features. Thus you do not lose your data or files. All in all it will take alot to top windows 7. It boots faster and renders faster then XP. Additionally it seems to be less of a resource hog then I had thought and very comparable to Windows XP. I think windows 8 will be Vista revisited all over again.
Hey Gunny, Totally agree with ya.....Windows 7 Home Premium was a vast improvement over Vista. Although I had tofind the appropriate patches to play some old school games like Far Cry and Alien vs Predator series. Unless the market trend leads to a major change away from desktop to all-in-one setup (an LCD monitorwith touch screen containing everything), perhaps the mobile tablet with Windows 8 is the future kid onthe block. Seems like things are getting smaller and mobile but for home use, I'll take the basic keyboardand mouse configuration any day, even playing video games. I can't afford the gaming consoles. Jake