Do Filipinos Truly Want A Better Country?

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Do Filipinos honestly want a democratic country, one free of corruption? The President seems to be making good progress rooting out the rats.Are there enough informed voters or will the power bosses continue to buy the masses votes?

sjp52
Posted
Posted
Do Filipinos honestly want a democratic country, one free of corruption? The President seems to be making good progress rooting out the rats.Are there enough informed voters or will the power bosses continue to buy the masses votes?
Yes and No. Only if it is not going to cost them ( losing that 20 pesos they are given for voting for one candidate ) I laughed the day I saw them come around to pay each and every Filipino 20 pesos to vote for so and so.
  • Like 1

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

Cory Aquino's "People's Power" surly didn't improve matters much and even with the two other Philippine Presidents after her! Maybe, just maybe the present day President will make a difference! We're not talking politics here, but the mood and endeavors of the Filipino people in how they want change for the better of their immediate future and their children's children's future!

• Like 2

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
I think they do, but I have found most Filipinos are non confrontational, so it seems they go the path of least resistance.
  • Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted
Do I see a dichotomy in words association here? Honesty and democracy? It would be a perfect world if anythingis free of corruption. Anyways, I believe you're right Dan that the current president is making good progress. Thecampaign promises he made, including "the people are his boss" may require another 6 year term of office. Wecertainly hope that he doesn't get too complacent and more hungry for power as he continues to charm as well aspiss off some people. Those deeply entrenched trapos (traditional politicians) who have been the secret powerbrokers for the past decades need to be flushed down the toilet. Otherwise, it's the same old chit. Respectfully -- Jake PS -- my comments can be applied to any government......he, he.
  • Like 1

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

LOL :hystery:if the people really wanted a "better" country.( they claim they want a better country )YET they keep (re)electing the same ,the mother,father,uncle,aunt,sister,daughter,brother,and so on and so on, could this be part of the problem?also its been stated they(the people) suffer from Short term memory loss, if their memory could be restored ,EYES open, and stop the NOT ME.Blame someone else syndrome.. Who knows what the RP could,, COULD be like in 15.20 years? Look at Vietnam after 30 plus years of war and conflict, where are they today? 1965 Singapore, compared to 2010, Big changes, they had a strong leader and a WILL, yes a WILL and determination for improvement does this country have the "WILL" or Determination" for change or success? instead of attacking the journalist, they should be attacking those who suppress them, (read between the words)I once read that the US special forces has a motto,,, The oppressed are Liberated(in latin), if the "oppressed" would liberate themselves, Who knows what could happen? :lol:

chief9mm
Posted
Posted

Short answer is no they do not. Corruption is accepted as part of the normal culture. Those who become rich by any means are worshiped as GODS. Those who fight corruption are denegrated. The odds of Philippines improving are slimmer than the odds of winning big in Vegas. Consider most are not concerned with tomorrow only where the rice will come from today. Education is the only hope for improvement and then most who are educated can't think out of the box. Until the average FIlipino demands more they will not get more. Being non confrontation feeds the status quo. The status quo will remain. One only has to open their eyes to see what is going on.