Took The Plunge

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I am now in Cebu for 6.5 months, I have to go back to the uk in April to do my tax returns and check on my property. I was a bit concerned the last few weeks before I moved here. The reason for this was that I only had 1 tennant in my house (my cousin)so I was thinking that when I returned to the uk it would be a struggle for me to return to Cebu without selling my house (which goes against all advice and my own personal experience) But " happy days" 4 days before I left 2 people who I know and are also members of the British legion wnated to move in. This means that all 3 of my tennants are friends and get along already. Well I hope it stays that way but I have my other cousin and a very good friend who will mediate or sort out any maintenance if it is needed. So now I am looking forward to my time here being stress free as it should be. I will give updates when I can take care all Kevin

• Like 2

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
I am now in Cebu for 6.5 months, I have to go back to the uk in April to do my tax returns and check on my property. I was a bit concerned the last few weeks before I moved here. The reason for this was that I only had 1 tennant in my house (my cousin)so I was thinking that when I returned to the uk it would be a struggle for me to return to Cebu without selling my house (which goes against all advice and my own personal experience) But " happy days" 4 days before I left 2 people who I know and are also members of the British legion wnated to move in. This means that all 3 of my tennants are friends and get along already. Well I hope it stays that way but I have my other cousin and a very good friend who will mediate or sort out any maintenance if it is needed. So now I am looking forward to my time here being stress free as it should be. I will give updates when I can take care allKevin
Thanks Kevin for the post. :mocking: I hope things work out for you and that you enjoy your stay. My wife and I should be there Feb to May, so maybe we will meet up for coffee and a chat. :SugarwareZ-034: Please be sure to check back in and keep us up to date on how things go.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Hi KuyaYes I will keep people informed of my progress/demise hehe who knows! Well I arrived at 930am Sunday with only 1 hours sleep, Sim came to meet me at 1pm(after church) I was eating breakfast. Well I was past being tired and the last thing I wanted to do was sleep early and take longer to get adjusted to the time difference, cruel to be kind sort of thing.We decided to go and order the things we needed so off we trot to Robinsons and manage to buy the ref,gas 2 ring stove,electric oven and hehe fan. I had already checked out the prices on the net at several places and got a decent deal there and they wanted to deliver straight away but as I was at the Diplomat for 2 days we asked for next day at 11 am. Big suprise they were there early must be a first I thought, that was until I bought a sala set the next day at dewfoam near SM mall and they took us home in the delivery truck WOW no sitting on the floor for me. Anyway we have most of the things we need now except tv and stand but I am all shopped out now so will look next week for one haha "win radio win radio" hehe. Kuya I have bought the Smart Bro usb connection and it seems to work Ok for now time will tell. I spent last on roach patrol I bought a can of Baygon spray from Fooda I think I have swept about 35 of the bas I mean little devils this morning so it seems to work but as I don`t really have any experience with them I don`t know still I think a good result. Still I have just been told we have to buy a flat iron, no rest for the Kano today. I have to go now see you all soonKevin

• Like 3