Us Postal Service Question

Inspector
Posted
Posted

Not a bad deal for priority mail...up to 4 pounds in a international ready made letter. You get it in less then 2 weeks for around 15 bucks. Problem is the post office only takes it to the Philippines, and then the Philippines post office takes over. I was wondering what is to be expected for customs? I had just received a package, documents , and the guy delivering it charged me 40 pesos for customs. I recently sent a prescription, replacement bolts, a power cord replacement and nose hair trimmer. I listed it as gift and declared value of 50 bucks. Art, I remember you saying you had to pay on the co pay amount of value...am I correct? Anyway, the thing is now 2 weeks and I am wondering if it was stolen in the Philippines. Hopefully not, but this was more of a merchandise send test...if it was stolen, the suspect will have a well trimmed nostril and be sleeping well.

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

It should arrive, to you. maybe another question. I have some personal mail that i do receive on a regular basis. it all does arrive yet it takes about 3 weeks, and this is just outside of metro manila.if your on a good basis with the local postal employees, this too could help some to ensure that you receive your mail. GOOD Luck

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

On the 3rd of Sept I mailed a small box to my friend, it arrived yesterday, so about 4 weeks. He got a notice he had mail waiting for him at the post office and had to go to the post office and pay p40 to get his box, so it took a little over 4 weeks.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

I have never used the Philippine post office ever since retiring here in 1998! Family from California have sent us Christmas cards and it took 4 weeks and some we never received! I did however received a U.S. Government mail once, but that was years ago and my new ATM debit card from California via FedEx and that was an accident send from my bank! If I really have to send documents to the U.S., I use overnight mail 3 to 4 days with LBC, Air Cargo 21, FedEx or DHL, but they're all expensive shippers of overnight mail!

Inspector
Posted
Posted

Update...arrived safe and sound. 40 peso fee and a 20 peso tip...will be shipping my meds this way every three months. :cheers:

• 3 months later...
Tatoosh
Posted
Posted (edited)

Note: This method has varying success rates. Usually one month but it can take over two months sometimes. I would spend a few more dollars and ship air via my-shoppingbox.com. I do use this service from the USPS for non-essential items, including bulk cooking spices (my hobby) but I would not use it for medications unless dollars were tight. But when aren't they?Two pounds via my-shoppingbox.com (after the 25 dollar annual membership) is going to cost you $11.00 delivered. Takes 2 weeks roughly and comes by courier (AIR21) once in the Philippines. They even send you a text message to let you know the day it will likely be delivered. Nice touch.

Edited by Tatoosh
  • Like 2