Server Hacked?

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)

Earlier this evening I tried to log on and it appeared that Boss Man's site server was hacked into by the Bangladish Hacker and I couldn't log on and Tom's site wouldn't even appear!Any answers or comments? Did any members experienced this today? What was the fix if one's server has been hacked in to? I haven't a clue! Do a Google search on this Bangladish Hacker and you will see that they hacked into a lot of other sites and even have their own domain and on Facebook advertising their expertise in hacking! Bunch of jerks, because the thing was that Tom's forum was down for about an hour or so!

Edited by Art2ro

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

I SAw that when i came in, closed the page and waited a bit and it was up.....not smart enough to know what happened lol. all i know is that it works now

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

I am sure Tom will supply us with a better answer, but for now I will say what I know, it was the server that was hacked and not this forum, so everything within the forum is safe.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

The forum was down for about six or seven hours.

brock
Posted
Posted

yeah happened to me too

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

Me too. About 7 hours.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

OKIt was not the forum or any of my sites hacked, it was the server that hosts hundreds of sites and mine were on that server.The same hackers have been seen on many servers over the years so in a way no big deal.They some how put up a webpage of their own to each domain name saying they hacked the server.Happens to banks and high security servers too. Reply from hosting company. (8:18:16 AM) Steve Bergloff - 724 - Support: Updated canned reply: System Administration has identified an issue with the server that houses your account which requires their immediate attention. There appears to be a hack which has effected index.php files across our servers. As a preventative measure, cPanel logins are temporarily disabled. FTP is still operational. System Administration is working diligently to resolve this issue which we hope shouldn't take long. Unfortunately, we are limited on details and do not have a time-frame for resolution, but you are welcome to check back with us every so often. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may be causing you and appreciate your patience.