American's House Burgled

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

CEBU, Philippines - An American national lost more than P100,000 Monday evening while asleep in his house in barangay Banilad, Mandaue City.Jeffrey Robert Newman, 32, a native of Utah, USA but resides in Sto. Niño Village reported a break in.The Investigative and Detective Management Branch (IDMB) said the burglar must have entered the house through an open window in the back of the house. Link to the complete story.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Honestly, who has that kind of cash around to be stolen?

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
I wonder if they meant cash? :thumbsup: What bothers me more is that every time someone makes such a large hit on one of us, it just makes it more likely they will hit on others of us because the take was worth the risk.
Missing from Newman's house were a laptop worth P24,000, an IPhone worth P 37,000, a dvd player worth P2,000, a projector worth P30,000, a Kodak camera worth P4,000, a bank check worth P19,000, and assorted clothes and toys.

sjp52
Posted
Posted (edited)
I wonder if they meant cash? :thumbsup: What bothers me more is that every time someone makes such a large hit on one of us, it just makes it more likely they will hit on others of us because the take was worth the risk.
Missing from Newman's house were a laptop worth P24,000, an IPhone worth P 37,000, a dvd player worth P2,000, a projector worth P30,000, a Kodak camera worth P4,000, a bank check worth P19,000, and assorted clothes and toys.
Yes Its just like I said we have a big target on our back. There must be a lot of foreigners that don,t read the news. If you have a lot of money on you, You will be mugged or shot or both. .If you have to carry a lot of money you should keep it to yourself, Don,t tell any one. It is too much of a coincident that every time foreigners get robbed or their house is broken into they have a lot of cash. People see it or hear about it and eventually it gets around to the wrong people. If I have to exchange a lot of money with someone I will meet them at my bank and pay them before I leave the bank. So when if they kill this foreigner it will be a small pay off . I,m a cheap kill, Maybe a have a t shirt made up Edited by sjp52

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Not sure who does but I know who did. :)Jeffrey Robert Newman, 32, a native of Utah, USA but resides in Sto. Niño Village Maybe he runs a business and the business is run from home,who knows but he does not need to worry about it getting stolen now. :thumbsup:

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

althou I am not as rich or well off as 90% of the forum,(i rent, dont have a car,small pension,mostly broke ) I rarely keep ANY MONEY at my house, As i have said to those that i may have to pay for their services, That you must give me notice, As I dont keep any money on my person or at the house, I am lucky If i have over 300 pesos at a given moment,. THIS WAY, I have hoped that I have reduced my "RISK" or chances to being robbed or worse,

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)

Our little home isn't a fortress, but it is very secure, all the windows and doors have wrought iron grills and we live just adjacent to our guard house! I sleep pretty safe and sound at night or during the day! We have our fair share of burglaries, but most were the fault of the owners or tenants, because their homes weren't secure and some were inside jobs! Anyway, our security has been upgraded and all should be ok to prevent further burglaries! "Knock on wood"! Just got a new paint job last week too, see the before and after! post-682-0-05624700-1317310790_thumb.jpgpost-682-0-15948500-1317310560_thumb.jpg

Edited by Art2ro
  • Like 2