Australian Couple's Unpaid Bills Worry Resort

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Sad to hear of a person getting themselves into such a jam. CEBU, Philippines - An Australian national and his Filipino wife who have been renting a room at a resort in one of the villages in Talisay City were again summoned by barangay officials yesterday regarding their unpaid bills which now has reached P90,000. According to the resort supervisor, the couple had no income and was only waiting for their lot in the City of Naga to be sold. Link to the complete story

sjp52
Posted
Posted

This is one time a Filipino who thinks all foreigners are rich will learn the hard way. As far as I,m concerned the hotel is just as much at fault. At least the Foreigner was desperate, What is their excuse for allowing it to go on. I bet they would not let a fellow Filipino ring up a bill like that.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
The couple checked out from the resort yesterday together with a six-month-old child and a seven-year-old, who had been with them since they rented the room in July.
Thats not a couple. Thats a family. And it frustrates me that "the resort stopped providing food" and then "The police together with representatives from the city social welfare office went to the resort to supposedly rescue the two minors" How many normal filipino families have little or no food for their kids? Where is the city social welfare office in those cases. This seems like they had a plan to take the kids for extortion.
  • Like 2

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
The couple checked out from the resort yesterday together with a six-month-old child and a seven-year-old, who had been with them since they rented the room in July.
Thats not a couple. Thats a family. And it frustrates me that "the resort stopped providing food" and then "The police together with representatives from the city social welfare office went to the resort to supposedly rescue the two minors" How many normal filipino families have little or no food for their kids? Where is the city social welfare office in those cases. This seems like they had a plan to take the kids for extortion.
Very good point Dave.