Kenyan Arrested For Drug Possession At The Mactan Cebu

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Look at her photo, looks sort of like a deer caught in the headlights of a car. She kept her composure, strange because I would have been pooping my pants but maybe she does not realize how serious possession of drugs are in the Philippines. I wonder if the Philippine govt will ban Qatar Airlines from flying into their country because they failed to provide information on the passenger? Under Philippine law, possession of more than 50 grams of methamphetamine hydrochloride or shabu, regardless of its purity, draws a penalty of life imprisonment and up to P10 million in fines for one convicted in court. All checked-in baggage on the flight was scanned by trained K-9 dogs. The dogs reacted upon reaching the brown suitcase of the Kenyan. Kenyan tourist arrested with 3 kilos of drugs at Cebu airport post-40-0-20084800-1317339030_thumb.jpgNBI-7 assistant regional director Lauro Reyes said they are disappointed by the “non-cooperation” of the Qatar Airlines management.Reyes said they sought for Ogutu’s records but the airline management refused to give them the documents. NBI regional director Eduardo Villarta headed the team that arrested Ogutu.

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

she is very lucky, Had it been China,Iran,Burma,& other those other famous tourist designations instead of a life sentence she would be Going home in a coffin,just curious when they( the authorities) reweigh the drugs in a few weeks will it be the same?

• Like 1

sjp52
Posted
Posted
she is very lucky,Had it been China,Iran,Burma,& other those other famous tourist designationsinstead of a life sentence she would be Going home in a coffin, just curious when they( the authorities) reweigh the drugs in a few weeks will it be the same?
She might be better off dead. Have you seen the prisons here, Pretty scary.

brock
Posted
Posted

Put her in prison and throw away the key, I have no pity for her, she deserve all she gets

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Put her in prison and throw away the key, I have no pity for her, she deserve all she gets
I agree,the lives which are ruined are just unbelievable,not just the user but those who are victims of an addict who robs or kills to get money to buy drugs. More death penalty for those who traffic drugs is the recipe for a better future.

ekimswish
Posted
Posted (edited)
I wouldn't go that far, personally. Don't do the crime if you can't do the time, but drug mules from third world countries often have it crappy both ways, however they spend their time. A lot of Filipinos coaxed into drug muling by African cartels, without a doubt working with Asian mafia. I'd prefer to see a war on sh&tty education than on drugs or terrorism. Seems as though Aquino's doing alright in his war on corruption. Edited by ekimswish

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Seems she may or may not have realized she was carrying drugs, it is so hard to understand the news stories here. She did, or she didn't notice the suitcase had a false bottom. :o Maybe a typo, or maybe she is dumber than a box of rocks. NBI files drug case vs Kenyan national Bag A certain Joshua, an associate of Rey, gave her the luggage she used in the travel. “I was told that my bag was no good,” Ogutu said. She said she did notice that the bag had a false bottom or that something had been hidden there.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Her embassy basically cut her loose. NO lawyer will be provided by the Kenyan Embassy to the woman arrested in Cebu for transporting illegal drugs, said consulate officials based in Manila.“As per advice from the Kenyan Embassy in Kuala Lumpur, if it's a criminal case, then they will not provide a lawyer ... it is not covered,” said Janet Cuarto, executive secretary of Consul Albert Yuchengco, quoting the conversation she had with the Kenyan Embassy in Malaysia.Asha Atieno Ogutu would have to rely on the local public attorney for her defense, said the executive secretary. Embassy won’t provide lawyer for arrested Kenyan woman