British Guy Shot

brock
Posted
Posted

CheChe has just told me that a British guy was shot outside Kukuks nest on Gorordo avenue yesterday, was shot by guys on a motorbike while resisting them from taking his laptop., He is in chong hua hospitlal now, But I have no idea what condition he is in. Brock.

Candyman
Posted
Posted

Thieves prey on 2 foreigners; British shotBy Ryan Christopher J. Sorote/MIT (The Freeman) Updated October 01, 2011 12:00 AM Comments (6) post-comments.jpg CEBU, Philippines - Two foreign nationals fall victim to thieves in Cebu City early dawn yesterday.British National, Joe Ryan, 29, was shot after he chased three thieves who grabbed his laptop inside a bar along Gorordo Avenue at around 4:30 a.m. Witnesses said Ryan was using his laptop inside the bar with his friend, another foreign national, Omar Sadik, when two unidentified men entered the bar and suddenly grabbed his laptop and immediately fled. Ryan ran after the two assailants who boarded a motorcycle.However, while chasing the three thieves, one of the assailants reportedly shot him twice, hitting him on his shoulder and stomach. Undeterred, Ryan stood up and tried to reach for his laptop when the motorcycle used by the three assailants bumped him. Even while wounded, Ryan reportedly boarded a taxi and ordered the driver to follow the fleeing assailants.Unfortunately, the taxi driver lost sight of the motorcycle-riding-thieves when they turned left towards Escario Street and sped off. Ryan was rushed to Chong Hua Hospital for immediate medical attention. Elements of the Fuente Police Station immediately conducted hot pursuit operations, but to no avail. Meanwhile, John Holdridge Pope, a 65-year-old Canadian national lost P6, 000 to a thief who entered his residence in Sitio STY Lower Kalunasan, Barangay Kalunasan, Cebu City early dawn yesterday by using a makeshift ladder to reach a window on the second floor of the victim’s residence. The thief reportedly removed two jalousie blades from the window, enough for a man’s body to fit and slip into the house.While inside, the thief managed to spot six P1, 000 bills on the victim’s trousers which were hanging near the stairs. Pope was asleep & later discovered the theft when he woke up at 8 a.m. (FREEMAN) Full Story Here : http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?articleId=732794&publicationSubCategoryId=107

brock
Posted
Posted

Well all I can say is that the English guy was a complete prat, What a first class idiot

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Well all I can say is that the English guy was a complete prat, What a first class idiot
But a tough one though.You would have thought he would given up once a gun was produced.

volstateguy
Posted
Posted

My laptop would definitely not be worth my life. Once the assailants produced a gun I would have quickly handed over my laptop. A laptop is easily replaceable....my life isn't.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

No property is worth a persons life, so once the crook showed a gun, it is time to turn around and walk or run away, but often alcohol dulls the senses and makes us think we are superman. I hope the fellow will be OK and I am sure the medical bills will far exceed what it would have cost him to replace the laptop, so while I probably would have done the same thing, I would not have gone up against a gun unless I had one of my own. So now I believe it is becoming an undisputable fact that crime in the Philippines (and in most parts of the world) seems to be getting worse, when a foreigner is targeted in a public place such as what appeared to have happen in this case. So while some seem to not like to read these posts, I hope that people will learn from them and not make themselves a target by having items exposed that criminals want. It is our own job to keep ourselves and our loved ones safe, so IMHO I think we need to learn from others mistakes to do that.

Bruce
Posted
Posted

Location location location! Chances are that if this were to happen in Florida, It would have been the two guys on the motorcycle who would be shot. I think the guys on the motorcycle are crapping in their pants now as they realize they turned a simple (supposed to be) snatch and grab into an attempted murder and gun charges. Petty criminals never were well know for thinking out their actions and possible outcomes.... Assuming the shot Brit survives, I will buy him a pint... hell, I will buy him a yard!