Seems The Philippines Is Not The Only Place With Insect Problems

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

The ants and roaches were here before us and I suspect they will be here long after us, so all we can hope to do, is control the little buggers. I was having an ant problem a while back outside our home in Florida and just like the story says, I sprayed and sprayed and sprayed and nothing seemed to work, so I used the granular stuff in a bag and put it all around the perimeter of our home and that seemed to cut them down to where I rarely see any outside, then I used the ant baits and the boric acid in the garage and all around the house and then no more ants in there either. I thought they were going to win the battle but persistence pays off. The baits are better than the boric acid in one way only, I do not have to keep wetting the baits as I did the boric acid. 'Hairy crazy ants' invade from Texas to Miss. It sounds like a horror movie: Biting ants invade by the millions. A camper's metal walls bulge from the pressure of ants nesting behind them. A circle of poison stops them for only a day, and then a fresh horde shows up, bringing babies. Stand in the yard, and in seconds ants cover your shoes. It's an extreme example of what can happen when the ants — which also can disable huge industrial plants — go unchecked. Controlling them can cost thousands of dollars. But the story is real, told by someone who's been studying ants for a decade. post-40-0-80440700-1317490002_thumb.jpg

• Like 1