How To Use A Smart Phone In The Philippines?

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

I hate to sound like a dummy but I guess I am when it comes to smart phones. I had been fighting getting one for all these years and although I had a Blackberry for years, I never used if for the internet and do not even know if I could have. I have recently gotten a Samsung for Metro PCS service here which includes all the bells and whistles and now find myself checking the forum when I am out and about, and looking up information I need, so I now see a purpose for a smart phone and wonder if one would be usable while we are in the Philippines as well? So my questions are Can a person use a wifi phone on open wifi's there without getting charged by Smart, which is the provider we usually use. Is there another provider which might be better while in the city, such as Sun for surfing the internet via one of my phones? How much would Smart charge me to surf the internet while using my phone, I think they charge p10 per half hour on my smart Bro usb device, so maybe it would be the same? Would I have to sign up for an internet plan with my prepaid, or could I just use the phone to check whenever I wanted to and only get charged during those use times? Anything else I should know? Thanks in advance, this old dog is trying to learn some new tricks.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

If you are using a wifi hotspot you are using someones else's internet connection so your phone is just a computer which is not using Smarts services therefor there is no cost to you.