Mexico Mulls 2-Year Marriage

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

:thumbsup: 'Til 2013 do us part? Mexico City lawmakers want to help newlyweds avoid the hassle of divorce by giving them an easy exit strategy: temporary marriage licenses. Leftists in the city's assembly -- who have already riled conservatives by legalizing gay marriage -- proposed a reform to the civil code this week that would allow couples to decide on the length of their commitment, opting out of a lifetime. The minimum marriage contract would be for two years and could be renewed if the couple stays happy. The contracts would include provisions on how children and property would be handled if the couple splits. "The proposal is, when the two-year period is up, if the relationship is not stable or harmonious, the contract simply ends," said Leonel Luna, the Mexico City assemblyman who co-authored the bill.

• Like 2

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

Yes! I'll go along with that! All marriage contracts should have an expiration date and be renewable! :89: :hystery:

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted
Yes! I'll go along with that! All marriage contracts should have an expiration date and be renewable! :89: :hystery:
If a marriage contract has a self expiration clause, then it is not marriage. It's nothing more than a joint tenants in common.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Imagine the treats that could be used,hon,you know the contract ends in 2 months,if you want me to stay you better???????? :no: