Money And Budgeting

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

I wonder how many of us have taught our wives or gf's how to budget money? Then to take it one step beyond that, how many have asked their ladies to teach their families how to budget money? My wife is good with money and while she likes nice things, she never spends a lot of money or buys designer items, yet I watch some of her friends buy designer items for their families back home and ship it to them. My thoughts are, if a family member needs clothing, I will gladly supply some from the items friends give us, or buy some from a used clothing store in the Philippines, and I might even spring for new items for the kids to go to school with, but I do not wear designer items, so they sure as hell aren't going to get any from us. Learning to Budget is an important step for our extended families to learn to become independent (well those of us who have poorer families) because we may not always be around with our money trees to pick from, and those magic ATM cards, where money just appears out of thin air. What will our ladies do then? and what will their families do once the faucet it turned off. I have succeeded with my wife, but we have failed with most of our extended family. :no: How about you? and if you succeeded, how did you do it?

Panserhansen
Posted
Posted

My gf is teaching me how to budget money. Still struggle sometimes!