Fireworks Plant Explodes

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Today a fireworks plant exploded in Trece Martires , Cavite ....... it leveled the whole block with a crater so 6-7 ft. deep ..... there were body parts scattered all over the place ....... 3 container vans full of gun powder exploded ....... windows were blown out as far as 3 kilometers away ........ My god .... why would anyone in there right mind work in a place like that given the almost non-existent of safety in the work place that is an acceptable way of life here ........ yea I know they need the money ........ I guess we all would be shocked to find out what was being stored or manufactured near where we live ........ I sure don't know ..... and it is scary ......

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Today a fireworks plant exploded in Trece Martires , Cavite ....... it leveled the whole block with a crater so 6-7 ft. deep ..... there were body parts scattered all over the place ....... 3 container vans full of gun powder exploded ....... windows were blown out as far as 3 kilometers away ........ My god .... why would anyone in there right mind work in a place like that given the almost non-existent of safety in the work place that is an acceptable way of life here ........ yea I know they need the money ........ I guess we all would be shocked to find out what was being stored or manufactured near where we live ........ I sure don't know ..... and it is scary ......
Seems to be common in Asia,read many a story of a fireworks factory exploding. I think the last one a few weeks back was in China.The safety issue is one reason I dont think I would live within 10 k's of a factory. :thumbsup:

tom_shor
Posted
Posted

Why would they work there? It's a job. Scary huh.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

The worst part is that they were probably smoking in there.

TheMason
Posted
Posted
I can't get the Naked Gun movie out of my head...Leslie Nielsen in front of a fireworks factory fire with rockets exploding overhead...'OK folks, break it up, move along. Nothing to see here, move along.'