Cell Phone Use By The Numbers

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

I wonder what the numbers for the Philippines might be? I am sure many more text! Anyone know? I wonder how the US numbers compare to other countries? Have most of us gone cell phone mad? I know walking around the malls there are so many cell phone vendors and so many used cell phones for sale all over, that there must be billions of phones in the Philippines not even in use. There is almost one cellular phone for each of the 310 million people in the US, 286 million. Adults make and receive 5 calls a day on average. American log an average of 788 minutes a month on their phones. Adults are 15% more likely to own a cell phone if they have kids. Teens send 5 times more text. Urban dwellers are 15% more likely to sleep with their phones. :D :( sleep with their phones, I shut mine off at night and leave them in a different room.

ekimswish
Posted
Posted

When I have a phone plan in Asia, I might make the odd call to a friend and chat a bit, or call to make plans. But when I'm on pay-as-you-go, I will ONLY send texts, if I can help it.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Urban dwellers are 15% more likely to sleep with their phones. :o :) sleep with their phones, I shut mine off at night and leave them in a different room.
Some like the vibrate mode !!!!!! :541:

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Now that I am retired I refuse to be tied to a phone. I have a cell phone with the noise and vibrator turned off, sitting in a corner where there is good reception. A few times a day I look at it to see if there were any texts. It would be useless to ever phone me as I only ever answer when I have been forewarned that a call is coming on a certain date and time. On the other hand, as a young man I was tied to the phone 24/7 due to work, girls, and other businesses. I guess I already used up my quota of phone time.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
newboy
Posted
Posted

I couldn't live without my Blackberry, I have all of my business and personal emails routed through it, and BBM/ Tapatalk is the best thing ever so that I can talk to my friends around the world basically fo just the cost of my data plan.