Do More Than Just 'spout Knowledge,' Teachers Urged

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

I have no idea if people in power have been reading forums or not but it seems from the comments made, that the awakening that their system is not working at full throttle came from somewhere. Maybe they just see their country deteriorating and wish to stop the ebb. MANILA, Philippines — Teaching is more than just “spouting scholarly knowledge.” It also involves “parenting, counseling, advising, nurturing, understanding, forgiving, analyzing, distinguishing, classifying, adjusting, etcetera, etcetera – practically every verb in our language that speaks to the heart.”

“we have a moral obligation to teach our students to be moral and ethical people.”
The complete story HERE
  • Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted
I have no idea if people in power have been reading forums or not but it seems from the comments made, that the awakening that their system is not working at full throttle came from somewhere. Maybe they just see their country deteriorating and wish to stop the ebb. MANILA, Philippines — Teaching is more than just “spouting scholarly knowledge.” It also involves “parenting, counseling, advising, nurturing, understanding, forgiving, analyzing, distinguishing, classifying, adjusting, etcetera, etcetera – practically every verb in our language that speaks to the heart.”
“we have a moral obligation to teach our students to be moral and ethical people.”
The complete story HERE
The speech made by Education Secretary Luistro was another photo op to declare October 5 as"National Teachers Day". From the words of columnist Ramon Tulfo, the political rhetoric is justanother pitcher full of warm spit. It would be a severe culture shock to all Filipinos if they woke up one morning and found that thegovernment suddenly became honest and caring. Not in my life time...... Respectfully -- Jake
  • Like 1

gapotwo
Posted
Posted
The complete story HERE
The speech made by Education Secretary Luistro was another photo op to declare October 5 as"National Teachers Day". From the words of columnist Ramon Tulfo, the political rhetoric is justanother pitcher full of warm spit. It would be a severe culture shock to all Filipinos if they woke up one morning and found that thegovernment suddenly became honest and caring. Not in my life time...... Respectfully -- Jake
Honesty!! sorry sir OUT OF STOCK :541: