Phl In Denial, Or Is Us Envoy Dead Wrong?

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

I can see it now, more hard feelings toward kanos unless Thomas proves his words. Actually having traveled around the Philippines myself a bit, and having done searches on the internet, it should not be hard for Thomas to prove a lot of payment sex does go on, but saying that 40% or 4 of every 10 male foreigners who come to the Philippines come for "sex tourism." is a little much IMHO but what do I know, I thought a lot of men came to find wives, so are those of us who came to find wives considered sex tourists in his 40%? :lol: I sure hope not because that would be insulting to a lot of good men. Statement 'offensive' to Philippines De Lima further said that the statement issued by Thomas was offensive to the Philippines. "It is certainly offensive, demeaning, na pino-portray ang ating bansa na ganoon... [that] we're a country of sex workers? Lahat naman ata ng bansa may portion na engaged in that trade, in prostitution. Pero to say ganoon kadami?" she said. The justice chief, however, said Thomas should first be given a chance to provide the basis for the statistics he gave. In her letter, she hailed Thomas' "stand in solidarity with the Philippine government" in unrelenting efforts to put an end to the modern form of human slavery that is human trafficking.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Thomas has been given his agenda from those who now rule in DC. I honestly don't know what the numbers are but I do care that my tax money is wasted on this kind a foolishness.

Garpo
Posted
Posted

If we are talking about only the single male who is in the Philippines for just a visit with no plans of staying then I would guess that the 40 percent is not far off. But if we are talking about all male foreingners who are in the Phlippines (many that live here) then I would say that 40 percent is way to high. It is interesting in that I recently went back to the US for a 10 day trip for business reasons, I was not able to take my wife with me on the trip so I would have to say that during my trip back to the Philippines I appeared to be a single male going to the Philippines for a visit. While waiting for my flight out of Detroit to Japan and then on to Manila I was approached by three different single men that were going to the Philippines and all three of them told me they were going there basically just to have sex (good time) with filipina's. Not one of them actually said that he was going to spend money for it but I would have to say that it was most likly their intention. I looked around at the other passengers waiting for the plane and saw that most were Filipino or Japanese but their was also a fair share of foreigner men with their wife and or family. Most of the men that were with their family had filipina wife or girlfriend. I really did not observe very many single foreingner males on the flight. It is a known fact that for foreign men in other countries, the Philippines has the reputation of being a place where foreign men can find it very easy to meet and have "good time" with beautiful, young filipina's. I really do not see this reputation changing any time soon. When was the last time you saw or even heard of a foreingner moving to the Phlippines with his non-filipino family? When you see other expats going to other countries life Costa Rica, Mexico, Ecuador, etc. etc. etc. you will find many more that are already married and moving with their wives. For the single male from other countries, the Philippines is the place to go if you still have any interest in a loving and sexual relationship. Just my honest opinion!

• Like 2