Travel Visa For Filipinas

omnivorism
Posted
Posted (edited)

Maybe this topic has been addressed, but I have been wondering. I have not been to the philippines yet, but it is a goal i am working towards. I work in sales and trade forex, and hope to make enough money where i can soley live on trading profits and live abroad. I know a LITTLE about visas but not a lot. If there is a filipina girl I would like to take out of the philippines, what are my options other than the obvious marriage? Say I want to take a filipina to thailand to visit? is this a complex matter? what kind of visa is this? How strict are fiance visas? for example, if you have no real intent of marriage but want to take a filipina to the usa to visit. Other than work or marriage visas what options are there? Is there just a general "I am an american, and yes, shes with me" visa? Also, would it be possible for me to employ her as an assistant or something like that for a visa? I could technically.

Edited by omnivorism

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

If your future Filipino friend has a valid passport she can visit any ASEAN member country without a visa including Hong Kong and Macau.Applying for a Fiance Visa to the US dishonestly is fraud not something you should play around with.

omnivorism
Posted
Posted (edited)

okay thanks. the ASEAN thing is new to me.Can anyone tell me about the work visa possibilities if i employed someone? This could be a pain in the ass as far as record keeping though. But maybe not. What if i wanted to visit like Beiruit or New Zealand? Also as i said before, is there some kind of general sponsership if i wanted to take her elsehwhere? Like what if i wanted to go to NYC with her? Are marriage and work visas the only option? They would have more trouble with a more general travel visa, but what if i am more ore less a sponsor, but not spouse? As in, can i sponsor for a more standard travel visa?

Edited by omnivorism

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
okay thanks. the ASEAN thing is new to me.Can anyone tell me about the work visa possibilities if i employed someone? This could be a pain in the ass as far as record keeping though. But maybe not. What if i wanted to visit like Beiruit or New Zealand? Also as i said before, is there some kind of general sponsership if i wanted to take her elsehwhere? Like what if i wanted to go to NYC with her? Are marriage and work visas the only option? They would have more trouble with a more general travel visa, but what if i am more ore less a sponsor, but not spouse? As in, can i sponsor for a more standard travel visa?
It sounds like what you are trying to accomplish is short cuts and unfortunately the US has seen every possible shortcut tried before millions of times, so many that many legally married couples I personally know, have a hard time bringing their wives back to the US for a legal visit, so I wish you luck but please do not hold your breath. As for work visas, again they have all been tried and basically the rule is that the person you are applying for a visa for, needs to have special skills for the job that cannot be filled by someone already in the US, so with so many people out of work, good luck on that one as well. As for entry into different countries, I would suggest you google each countries embassy that you are interested in traveling to, and see what their rules are since each country is totally different, and then do it again when the time gets close because rules and laws change all the time, so what might be OK today or yesterday, may not be OK when the time comes for a visit. What I can tell you from personal experience and from being on forums for quite a few years is, other than the open countries for Filipinos to travel to, it is not easy to take a Filipino out of their country because not only will you have to deal with the country you wish to travel to, you/she will also have to deal with the Philippine govt trying to protect their citizens from every scam in the book that they have heard, so they will make you and her jump through many hoops as well if anything does not seem correct to them. Now all of this depends on the stature in life the lady you seek has, because if she has a good job and can get a letter from her boss that her job awaits her on her return, owns property, has bank accounts with sufficient amounts in them, and can show where that money came from (it cannot just be deposited by you) so that they know she will be coming back, then she stands a chance of getting a visa into many countries. IMHO do it legally or do not do it at all, or you could find yourself in a jam. Also, only a relative can sponsor as far as I know, anyone else will seem like a scam.

omnivorism
Posted
Posted

Ok appreciate it. More questions though. Here is the list of asian countries http://www.asean.org/74.htmBrunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam. You said Hong Kong. Neither Hong Kong or China are on this list, nor is Macau.Are are you sure these places and any others not on the list apply? (I am curious about Japan in particular). That is too bad about the usa visas, though I will look more into work possibilities in the future, and then if I travel around with her elsewhere and like her enough, I guess I could always marry her at some point. I understand if the US is anal, though I don't think it would be unreasonable if i lived abroad and wanted to visit the USA to take a personal assistant with me. I know this question is a little off topic, and I don't expect everyone to be an expert on what the regulations and requirements are around the world, but if anyone here knows, is the USA among the more anal? Other than obvious places that are not common for travel such as Cuba, Iran etc. Maybe there are some Aussies or Kiwis that have some knowledge as far as how anal their govt is. I would really like to see New Zealand at some point. Thanks for the help so far though. I

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Filipinos can travel to these countries without needing a visa -Fiji, Palau, Micronesia, Tonga, Vanuatu, Samoa, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam, Thailand, Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia, Brunei, Macau, Hong Kong, Sri Lanka, Maldives, Israel, Mongolia, Bermuda, Cuba, Jamaica, Morocco, Kenya, Seychelles (some African states issue visa on arrival), Brazil, Bolivia, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, Suriname, Uruguay, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Slovenia, Macedonia, Holy See. Wiki answersWhere Visa is Required for FilipinosCountries Filipinos can Travel without an Entry Visa This link is a travel company, so they should be up to date, but the key word is should. Check with the Embassy of the country you wish to enter is the only sure way, so the best way is to use google to find the embassies because as I wrote above, things can change over time and no one but the embassy of the particular country can give you up to date information.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

omnivorism From Mr. Lee's OP! IMHO "do it legally or do not do it at all, or you could find yourself in a jam". You seem to be a person with means and can do what ever you wish traveling to different countries, but why travel just with a Filipina companion? Every country you travel to can provide you with any woman of your choice! Just curious, because you just may have better luck meeting the woman of your dreams in a different country, not just in the Philippines!

omnivorism
Posted
Posted

Well with Forex, I can essentially live off of the profits of money I already have.I want to live on my actual INCOME level, based on what I can generate. not spending the funds that generate the income. So I want to live below my actual possible means. ex. with 200kUSD, and a 10% profit (from trading) in a month that's 20k minus taxes owed. (I have done as high as 70% before, but 10% average is more realistic to expect) I think one can live most anywhere in the world for under $5k-10kusd a month. And only 2k is required to live comfortably in the Philippines. (possible with less, I know) I am not rich, but I am working on it, I am a pretty competent trader. Now I am actually working on getting serious capital via a sales job, to utilize that potential. But to answer your question, well I would not say Filipinos are necessarily my favorite people as a whole, and yes, I could meet women other places, but for one, I like the much more limited language barrier of the filipinas. And for two, I think it is more interesting to travel with another foreigner or a companion in general, than just going on vacation and trying to see who will lay me. And also to take her out of her country to places she would likely never get to otherwise. It is not my goal in life to bed as many women as I can. I have talked to some filipinas online a lot, and I have at least one I enjoy talking to a lot as a friend, and I just think it would be fun to travel.However, I have talked to many filipinas online at this point, and am not naive, nor do I care for all, or even most of them. I like a fun and intelligent woman I can relate to about many topics in life, not just a pretty one who will bat her eyes at me. I am not against meeting women from other countries, but to answer "Why filipinas" it is because that is where I am looking to actually live. Or at least first on the list. The others I am only more interested in traveling to for now. And I don't have a lot of interest in pursuing something with a woman who lives somewhere I am only visiting, or really seeking a fling. Although I won't deny some interest in meeting (as in talking, getting to know) some women of other cultures too, but this isn't all about sex to me at all. I am genuinely bored of the USA, and want something different. The only area of the USA i have much interest in at this point is NYC. If I get to the Philippines and decide I like another country better, then okay, maybe I will relocate. But right now, my goal is moving there. But to Baguio, not Cebu or elsewhere. The cool weather and local produce are my main interests there, other than the obvious change of scenery and culture. Also, I hope I get to where I can give also, and use some of my money to help the local people in some way.