Question To Make This Forum Even Friendlier

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

As some of you know, I have met quite a few members in person, yet I hesitate to call them by first name on the forum if their member name is other than their first name, because some do not like their names mentioned, so I have a suggestion. If a member who has a different name than his forum name, and would like to be addressed by name, then they could put their personal name or initials in their signature, so we all know that it would be OK to call them by their personal name. Others who would prefer to be called by their forum name, or those whose forum name is their name should leave it as it is. My name is Lee but there was a member named Lee just before I joined, and it is not me, so I used Mr. Lee because that was the name I first used when joining other forums where Lee was taken. I later used Kuya Lee because some told me Mr. Lee sounded too formal, but when member continued to call me Mr. Lee even though my forum name was Kuya Lee, I did not wish new members to be confused. So members feel free to call me Lee, but always send PM's to Mr. Lee or Kuya Lee or I will never get them. How to put a name in your signature. Go to the top of the forum where your forum name appears and click on the pull down arrow. Then pull down to my settings and click on that. Then on the left of the page it brings you to, you will see the word signature. Click on signature and type in your name in the box and click on save, and then every time someone sees one of your posts, your name will be at the bottom of it.

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted
As some of you know, I have met quite a few members in person, yet I hesitate to call them by first name on the forum if their member name is other than their first name, because some do not like their names mentioned, so I have a suggestion. If a member who has a different name than his forum name, and would like to be addressed by name, then they could put their personal name or initials in their signature, so we all know that it would be OK to call them by their personal name. Others who would prefer to be called by their forum name, or those whose forum name is their name should leave it as it is. My name is Lee but there was a member named Lee just before I joined, and it is not me, so I used Mr. Lee because that was the name I first used when joining other forums where Lee was taken. I later used Kuya Lee because some told me Mr. Lee sounded too formal, but when member continued to call me Mr. Lee even though my forum name was Kuya Lee, I did not wish new members to be confused. So members feel free to call me Lee, but always send PM's to Mr. Lee or Kuya Lee or I will never get them. How to put a name in your signature. Go to the top of the forum where your forum name appears and click on the pull down arrow. Then pull down to my settings and click on that. Then on the left of the page it brings you to, you will see the word signature. Click on signature and type in your name in the box and click on save, and then every time someone sees one of your posts, your name will be at the bottom of it.
No matter what name you go by, you're still my Kuya (brother) -- that is "brothers in crime"....he, he. Respectfully -- Jake
  • Like 1

Garpo
Posted
Posted

If I did not already know better I would of said that Kuya Lee was actually some type of auto response computer/software that is never down for maintance or sleep. He does a great job on this forum and I can't even imagine the amount of time he puts in to keep the rest of us knuckle heads happy and in line.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
If I did not already know better I would of said that Kuya Lee was actually some type of auto response computer/software that is never down for maintance or sleep. He does a great job on this forum and I can't even imagine the amount of time he puts in to keep the rest of us knuckle heads happy and in line.
Thank you Jake, I feel like you are my brother as well and I appreciate the kind comments Gary. Being retired has its advantages, but to tell you all the truth, it may seem like I am always here because I keep my computer on when home and walk back into my office whenever a commercial comes on, if watching TV, or in between honey do's, or in between checking and replying to emails or reading the news and other sites that I enjoy. I also from time to time check in on my smart phone while out an about, to see if anyone needs assistance because I have always been about helping people, since the personal good feelings rewards are so great. As my signature says, living by the golden rule could make all our lives better, so if all of us did unto others what we wish for them to do unto us, wouldn't this be a much better world? Also I am just repaying others in my own way for all those who helped me during my life, which includes those who supplied info on how to have an easier life while in the Philippines. Now to get back to the original question, personal names, so if anyone wants others to use their personal names or initials, feel free to put your name in your signature, so we all know we can use it freely on the forum, thus making this an even friendlier forum.

Travis
Posted
Posted

great idea so I did it even thou my forum name is my name