More Ofw Families Move Up To Middle Class: Survey

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

But are they using all that money wisely to become self sustaining, or only becoming middle class due to the inflow of others sending them money? Look what they considered investing. :) I consider investing putting away for the future into real items that go up in value, or starting a business etc. I have never seen any of the items listed go up in value, and in fact they usually do down and rarely if ever go up in value, so how can that be considered investing. If the story is to be taken a face value, it seems a lot of people need to learn what investing actually means and and a mind set change needs to come about before the Philippines can ever prosper. I often wonder how much OFW money is totally wasted and the 17% investing in bs items shows me that most of it is. Am I wrong? A significant portion of families of overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) have climbed out of the low-income bracket to become part of the lower-middle-class families, according to a Nielsen Media survey released on Wednesday. While majority of those surveyed or 83% say that they receive remittances on a monthly basis, 96% said that most of it is allocated for basic needs like food, utility bills, home rental, and education.Aside from the basic needs, 17% of the respondents claimed that they try to invest and save as well. Items invested onThe survey also showed that families of OFWs invest on appliances, entertainment media and gadgets like laptops and mobile phones for their children and for communication purposes. Link to this story

Norseman
Posted
Posted

Middle class as making 6,000 pesos a month gross. That is bottom middle class. So really does it tell the whole story or is feel good.