Iligan City

acman
Posted
Posted

How safe is iligan city now? i know there was a few bombings a couble of months ago.Are there many americans who live there?.I have met a girl from there and am thinking about going there.She say it safe but would like to know what members know or think.I have been to Butuan city and CDO last year and feeled safe but things may be differant now with the bombings.Plan on staying a few days there and the rest of my time in Cebu or Manila.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
How safe is iligan city now? i know there was a few bombings a couble of months ago.Are there many americans who live there?.I have met a girl from there and am thinking about going there.She say it safe but would like to know what members know or think.I have been to Butuan city and CDO last year and feeled safe but things may be differant now with the bombings.Plan on staying a few days there and the rest of my time in Cebu or Manila.
There has just been a new travel warning, take it for what it is worth. My wife and I travel to Mindanao almost every year and we have gone to Bukidnon and stayed in CDO and never felt unsafe, but things have started to progress and one thing that no one ever seems to take into account is, the possible danger to the people who we will be with. Because of this, I am now hesitating to visit my wife's family in Bukidnon but we will still be going to CDO later this year unless things get totally crazy. So the short answer to your question from me is, I think it is probably as safe as most places in the Philippines and you should just use extra caution and not use buses and not walk around late at night.I am sure someone who lives there will give you their assessment and from what I have seen posted in the past, most people who live there think it is perfectly safe. https://www.osac.gov/Reports/report.cfm?contentID=96569Travel Warning: PhilippinesConsular Affairs BulletinsEast Asia / Pacific - Philippines 28 Jan 2009 The State Department warns U.S. citizens of the risks of travel to the southern Philippine islands of Mindanao and the Sulu Archipelago and urges extreme caution if traveling there.