Adoption Here In The Philippines

United Army
Posted
Posted

I know that somewhere there is a thread on this subject, but I just cannot find it. Has anyone adopted their step-daughter or step-son here in the Philippines? If so what did it cost and what lawyer did you us? I live in the Cebu area and the only lawyer we found stated: "Acceptance fees for adoption cases range from P75,000 to P120,000.0 depending on the case; the appearance fee is 3,000 per appearance and the success fee is to be fixed upon the agreement of both lawyer and client. These cases usually take more than a year or two, to be finally decided. There are also costs entailed in the publication of the petition for adoption." Any suggestions????

softail
Posted
Posted

Lordblacknail would be the guy to get ahold of, he is currently in the process of adopting a child, I'm sure he could be of help to you. Doug

• Like 1

joeatmanila
Posted
Posted

I do not know adoption cost but i do know that lawyer appearance is 1500p and not 3000p, perhaps that varies to how famous the lawyer is.

• Like 1

Lordblacknail
Posted
Posted

My local lawyer is charging P40K for all fees including court costs, and he says it will take around a year. There is a lot more to do with this, besides the local adoption, if you intend for the child to become a us citizen and obtain US benefits. If anyone is interested, pm me with your local or us phone, and I will be happy to talk to you.

• Like 1