Seeking A Nice Place To Rent For 30 Days In Cebu Area (First Visit)

OBA
Posted
Posted

Greetings, in april 2012 i will arrive in the P.R. for the first time. I seek rental accomadations for that area. If any of you know of a good contact person or know of nice accomadations please share with me your words. I plan to explore Cebu, Danao city and naga city during this first 30 day visit to decide whether to settle in that region. If i was traveling alone a simple and cheap place would be sufficient, however i will fly my gf to cebu from manilia to explore with me, so for her sake i will spend a little more for accomadations (700$ - 900$ for 30 days accomadations) condo, resort or house, its all good, simply clean and not in the thick of the city. Thanks in advance, be at peace.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

There has been numerous posts about places to stay in the Where to Stay section HERE so some of those might help you to find a place since there is links to look at in quite a few of the posts. Also I made a post HERE about a new hotel in the side streets which is close to everything but not too close, so possibly that would help you. My wife and I will be in Cebu Feb to late May so if we can help you then let me know when the time gets close and I will give you my local cell number then. Speaking of, you might wish to get yourself an unlocked GSM quad band phone ahead of time and buy a Smart roaming sim card on ebay and load, so you will be able to contact your gf as soon as you arrive and also so you will be able to keep in touch with others if need be.

Lordblacknail
Posted
Posted

There is a very nice master bedroom with private bath in a private home with all privileges in Talisay City, Cebu. We stayed there for two weeks and it was very nice. Very nice live in landlady. Contact me for info. The rate for one month is L130 pounds or about $210. If you do decide to rent, bring an external DVD writer for the lady that lives there, and she will appreciate it no end. The bedroom is very large and the house is very nice. Link below. http://www.cebu-ph.com/hotels/LODGE%20AT%20BETHEL%20CEBU%20PHILIPPINES%20ASIA.htm

• 3 weeks later...
Curley
Posted
Posted
There is a very nice master bedroom with private bath in a private home with all privileges in Talisay City, Cebu. We stayed there for two weeks and it was very nice. Very nice live in landlady. Contact me for info. The rate for one month is L130 pounds or about $210. If you do decide to rent, bring an external DVD writer for the lady that lives there, and she will appreciate it no end. The bedroom is very large and the house is very nice. Link below. http://www.cebu-ph.com/hotels/LODGE%20AT%20BETHEL%20CEBU%20PHILIPPINES%20ASIA.htm
The website is a little confusing.... it says no cooking or ironing etc yet there is the use of a kitchen? Do all 3 rooms share the rest of the house?

• 3 months later...
DavidandBless
Posted
Posted

We went home for a month last January and we stayed at a condo in Movenpick for $775/month. It was a studio but for the price it is worth it because we love the beach area. And our 2 yr. Old had a great time out there. You can cook in the room as well as you can iron your clothes but you are not allowed to grill.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
a condo in Movenpick
Is that the place that used to be the Hilton Hotel? Is it all condos now?

DavidandBless
Posted
Posted

Yes, it used to be Hilton. It's a mix of hotel/condo. I believed that 1 building is a hotel and the other 2 are condos. The condo was small but it has everything that we need like internet, cable TV, landline, kitchenette and hot and cold shower. For food, the hotel restaurant is very pricey but you are not that far from the mall and you can always get food deliveries to your condo.

• Like 1