13A Visa Expiration

United Army
Posted
Posted

I applied for my permanent 13A Visa, and had the interview Sept 6th, 2011 in Cebu. My temporary 13A expires 18 Nov. 2011, what happens if the permanent 13A is not acted on time and my temporary 13A expires? I'm going to BOI on Friday to check why its taking so long. I have been checking the BOI website and so far my name has not appeared on the acted list of applications. Has anyone been in the same situation as I find myself in now?

Garpo
Posted
Posted

I am sure somebody will correct me if I am wrong, but it was my understanding that when you applied for your perm. visa that you get a temp visa that is good for one year.

United Army
Posted
Posted

I went to BOI today and they said as long as I applied for my Permanent 13A visa my temporary 13A Visa will be good even if it expires as long as I do not leave the Philippines. OK I can deal with that.....just hope she told me the truth...

• 1 month later...
thrdchance
Posted
Posted (edited)

I keep reading things about a required visa in order to live in Cebu or anywhere in the philippines. Im kind of lost here. I went to the US website and they are stating no visa is required. Did I misinterpret this or are we talking about other country visitors visiting the philippines?

Edited by Jollygoodfellow
removed strike through

MikeB
Posted
Posted
I keep reading things about a required visa in order to live in Cebu or anywhere in the philippines. Im kind of lost here. I went to the US website and they are stating no visa is required. Did I misinterpret this or are we talking about other country visitors visiting the philippines?
No visa is required when visiting as a tourist for 21 days or less. A visa of some kind is required to stay longer then 21 days. You can obtain a 59 day visa either in the US from a Philippine Embassy or Consulate or through the Bureau of Immigration in the Philippines. You must also have a return or onward ticket.

Garpo
Posted
Posted

Good information from Mike and right on the facts. Maybe if you let us know what your intentions are and how long, where you intend to stay. We could be more specific on what would be your best steps to take before and after you arrive here in the Philippines.

thrdchance
Posted
Posted

I am going to live in Cebu with my fiancee who is filipina of 3 yrs. She has a small crafts shop and lives in a gated community. I plan on arriving in manila and taking a boat to cebu with my fiancee in order to get to know more about each other. WE are preparing to be married and I plan on and hoping to stay there permanently. We already have a small house and small business there but in the mean time we're building what we can. Im not taking much with me since the cost of shiping my personal belongs is way our of my budget. So, lets say Im starting fresh and new. I have been a criminal paralegal for the government and worked with the treasury for a few years. I am a business and accounting major with certification in medical billing and coding, quickbooks pro and excel. So Im hoping my background will help get me employed in one of the american hospitals or insurance companies. Im also working with the VA hospitals hiring staff to see what they might have available for me prior to my arrival. Yes I know its a risk, but its a risk my fiancee and I are willing to take.

Garpo
Posted
Posted

Number one thing is that you should not count on finding any kind of work or business here that is going to make you much money. I would count on zero if I were you and then hope for better.When you get into the Philippines you will get a 21 day visa at no cost but you will need an exit ticket out of the country even if you do not plan to leave. You will need to stay on an extended stay visa after the 21 days that will cost you money every two months so plan on that also. Once you do get marred then you can apply for other visa that is all you will need while you are marred and living in the Philippines. If you plan on getting married here then make sure you bring a certified copy of your birth certificate and also court certified copy of any divorce that you might have from a prior marriage if you have ever been married.

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted (edited)
Number one thing is that you should not count on finding any kind of work or business here that is going to make you much money. I would count on zero if I were you and then hope for better.When you get into the Philippines you will get a 21 day visa at no cost but you will need an exit ticket out of the country even if you do not plan to leave. You will need to stay on an extended stay visa after the 21 days that will cost you money every two months so plan on that also. Once you do get marred then you can apply for other visa that is all you will need while you are marred and living in the Philippines.If you plan on getting married here then make sure you bring a certified copy of your birth certificate and also court certified copy of any divorce that you might have from a prior marriage if you have ever been married.
Just so you know, the certified birth certificate must be authenticated by your state dept in your home state of residence 1st then must be authenticated at the nearest Philippine embassy nearest you that serves your home state. Without this, they will not be accepted. This also applies to a certified copy of your divorce(s).For example, I 1st had to go to Boston for the Dept of State, then NYC 556 5th Ave for the Philippine Embassy. Yes, quite a process. Edited by Steve & Myrlita