Looking For A Furnished 2Br Place To Stay In Cebu For At Least 5 Months

bepresentnow
Posted
Posted (edited)

I'm flying into Cebu this weekend. I have been recommended the Winland Towers, which seems like what need from all the pictures. Does anybody know any area or any condo building that's safe, got dedicated high speed internet (not shared), centrally located, and most importantly affordable? First thing we'll do is to go check out that Winland Towers.

Edited by bepresentnow

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
I'm flying into Cebu this weekend. I have been recommended the Winland Towers, which seems like what need from all the pictures. Does anybody know any area or any condo building that's safe, got dedicated high speed internet (not shared), centrally located, and most importantly affordable? First thing we'll do is to go check out that Winland Towers.
Affordable is sort of hard to gauge,what is affordable to you? Best to post a ball park figure and that way someone might know of a place rather than suggest places that are not suited. :89:

bepresentnow
Posted
Posted

Winland towers does seem to be what I need, I'm also trying to find other places just in case Winland doesn't work out. I saw a few listings on sulit.com.ph for Winland for P28,000, is this a good price for a furnished 2br in this area? Trying to look for the best deal in town.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Its my opinion that the price is fair IF they are not insisting on a year lease with many months of up front payments. Because for that price you can stay month to month in a pension house with no lease and no deposits. The only advantage I see to Winland is slightly more space and perhaps privacy.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Its my opinion that the price is fair IF they are not insisting on a year lease with many months of up front payments. Because for that price you can stay month to month in a pension house with no lease and no deposits. The only advantage I see to Winland is slightly more space and perhaps privacy.
Well when I stayed there a month the other good points were security,taxis take you to the front door which is in the under building car park.Taxis almost always available right in front of the building and even at 4 am.Mc Donalds around the corner when desperate,short ride to Ayala,internet cafe up the road if needed.Good views.Close to most things around town Anyway also check out Cebu classifieds, http://www.cebuclassifieds.com/ Bad pointsMight run into Lee :89:
  • Like 2

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Hi speed internet might be a problem, since most condo rental units that I have known of do not have internet already available, which means signing up with PLDT and that can take time to get installed and I believe you must sign a one year agreement to get it. That would be in Winland or anywhere else that I know of. I have heard of people sharing connections and possibly you might find someone who already has a connection and who is willing to share it with you. When Boss Man rented for a month, he was upstairs and to the side of our unit, so I bought a long flat cable and got him hooked up that way to our dsl off my router since he could not connect wireless to it from where he was. The walls in Winland are pretty solid concrete with lots of rebar in them, so wifi signals do not always go everywhere you might want them to go. Yet I have had friends in the building that have been lucky enough to find open routers and hooked into them and gotten free wifi, so it is hit and miss. There is a nice Condo building called the Sentinel heading down towards Country Mall, and there are quite a few condo and apartment rentals in and around IT Park, so boots on the ground and working the sites we have provided in other posts might find you a few different ones to look at once you arrive. My advice would be to stay in a hotel that has wifi for as long as it takes to get what you want and need. There is a new hotel a few blocks from Winland that I posted about HERE that might be a good place to fan out from and there is also Golden Peak Hotel which I have been told rents long term rentals and seems to provide amenities.