Form I-130, Petition For Alien Relative

United Army
Posted
Posted

I'm going to start the process of getting my Wife and my Step-Daughter Visa's for the US so they can become US Citizens. I'm wondering if anyone here on this forum that lives in the PH has filled out the I-130 and the G-325 forms? If so I think that I can use some help on filling out these two forms.

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

:thumbsup: good luck.. .although this forum is not the best place to seek advice on this issue,some advice provided here can help in finding the "Right" way to complete this paper work. Strongly suggest obtaining an attorney or at least consider so the paper work can be less "error & hassle" free.if you live close to the embassy, go there, they might be able to help. MOST important have all the paperwork and extra certified copies ready.. last item,,AND this is my agenda for paperwork issues (on no, STOP ed, :angry: no more agendas ) IS to make sure you have or purchase EXTRA copies of all the Philippine documents before you leave.why you ask?(yes ed please :hystery: oh please explain) It is easier to obtain a document here than after you leave.2, cost of the document is cheaper3, over the years we seem to misplace or lose our "documents" . by having Extra copies, we reduce having to get "new" copies.4. should there be an "error" now, it be easier to correct now than later. as it has been posted(on this forum) that some "documents" seem to have "errors" magically appear. (again my agenda is purely economic ) :541:

• Like 2

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)
I'm going to start the process of getting my Wife and my Step-Daughter Visa's for the US so they can become US Citizens. I'm wondering if anyone here on this forum that lives in the PH has filled out the I-130 and the G-325 forms? If so I think that I can use some help on filling out these two forms.
I looked at both forms which haven't changed for years, because they seem to be the same format I filled out when I petitioned my wife years ago. I don't see any difficulties in filling out these forms, just follow the instructions. You don't really need an Immigration agent or attorney yet just to fill out or file these forms, because they are pretty simple to fill out! Once your wife's petition is approved, then you can decided if you still need an agent or attorney to assist with the following paperwork which includes her checklist which consists of NBI cleareance, physical, seminars and etc just to get to the interview stage for getting an immigrant visa! The form I-130 & G-325a are just petition forms just to get the information into the system, because there will be a short waiting period and other forms for your spouse will follow that you may have to pickup at a U.S. Embassy near you or in Manila later once your petition has been approved. http://www.uscis.gov.../form/i-130.pdf http://www.uscis.gov...form/g-325a.pdf Edited by Art2ro

United Army
Posted
Posted
I looked at both forms which haven't changed for years, because they seem to be the same format I filled out when I petitioned my wife years ago. I don't see any difficulties in filling out these forms, just follow the instructions. You don't really need an Immigration agent or attorney yet just to fill out or file these forms, because they are pretty simple to fill out! Once your wife's petition is approved, then you can decided if you still need an agent or attorney to assist with the following paperwork which includes her checklist which consists of NBI cleareance, physical, seminars and etc just to get to the interview stage for getting an immigrant visa! The form I-130 & G-325a are just petition forms just to get the information into the system, because there will be a short waiting period and other forms for your spouse will follow that you may have to pickup at a U.S. Embassy near you or in Manila later once your petition has been approved. http://www.uscis.gov.../form/i-130.pdf http://www.uscis.gov...form/g-325a.pdf
Hello Art2ro, So all I need to start this Visa process is the I-130 and G-325 forms? And then they will ask for additional forms, etc.? I do not need to send any additional docs, like Birth cert, or marriage cert?

Garpo
Posted
Posted

I am in the process of doing the same thing as you are. Here is the link to a site that will really help you out. You can download all the forms plus instructions on how to fill the forms out. They also have a pretty good FAQ section that I found helpful. http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis Once you fill out the forms and send them back with the proper documents like marriage certificate, birth certificate, etc. etc. etc. They will approve the application and then forward it to the US embassy in the Philippines after which you will be contacted and informed of your first interview date and also what you need to to do and what documents need to be with you at the interview. Here is a link to the US embassy in the Philippines where I have also been able to gather helpful information. http://manila.usembassy.gov/ I would be more than happy to answer any questions you might have but I am certainly no expert on the matter and probably just a few steps ahead of you but I will certainly try to help out if I can.

• Like 2

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)

That's how all these U.S. Government forms are! Only provide what they ask, documents, certificates and or other forms etc per their instructions, no more or no less and don't leave any blanks empty, just put in "none" or N/A and you'll do fine filling out the forms. For every form there is an instruction sheet attached or it comes separate or just Google search the form number and instruction sheet in how to fill out the forms. Just follow all the instructions carefully! BTW, once you have submitted both of your forms, they may later request via letter for you to have an interview with one of their consulate official where ever they perform this either in Cebu or in Manila, because that was what I had to do at the U.S. Immigration building in San Francisco nearest my home of residence after I have submitted my petition forms for my wife's immigrant visa application, but maybe just at random, I don't know for sure. The official will ask alot of personal questions, letters and photos of you and your wife together in the photos. And also once you and your wife ever make to the U.S., immigration officials at random may also be knocking at your door to have a look around in your home and getting into your closets and drawers to see what kind of living arrangements you and your wife have if they have any suspicious doubts if your marriage was by convenience or a scam just to gain entry into the U.S. and skip town! It's just something to be aware of and who knows, it just may never happen to you at all, but the possibilities are open to U.S. Immigration officials if they have just cause to do so!Also, your wife must have lived in the U.S. for 4 years before she can be eligible to apply for her U.S. citizenship and there's a 50/50 chance she could fail her test on the 1st go around in her interview that's even video taped as to not leave any doubts as to what transpired in her interview for her U.S. Citizenship application, because in the past some applicants have complained they were not treated fairly, but since it is now on video tape, they eventually can't justify their complaint! There's a 6 to 12 week waiting period to retake the test if one fails their initial test!

Edited by Art2ro
  • Like 1

Lordblacknail
Posted
Posted

Sorry Art, it is not four years if you are married to the lady. It is five years if you are not married to the lady, and three years if you are. Plus you can start filing the paperwork for the citizenship at two years and nine months. Other than your odds on failing the test, pretty non existant for someone who wants to pass, the rest is true.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)
Sorry Art, it is not four years if you are married to the lady. It is five years if you are not married to the lady, and three years if you are. Plus you can start filing the paperwork for the citizenship at two years and nine months. Other than your odds on failing the test, pretty non existant for someone who wants to pass, the rest is true.
Don't be sorry, I knew someone would step up and correct me, because I wasn't sure of the 4 yr residency! Also if one is married to a military member and is being deployed to a remote area or hostile battle zone, his or her spouse can immediately apply for U.S. Citizenship without the waiting period! And about the U.S. Citizenship test for all others, well you see one can still fail it if the interviewer is in the wrong mood with a bad disposition, because it happened to my wife when she took her first test and failed and she even studied the U.S. Constitution and Law of government for months! The waiting period went beyond the 3 weeks before retesting! My wife was very upset and dismayed as to what transpired with the interviewer! It was already 3 months and she didn't receive an appointment to retest! So, I wrote to our district Congressman and filed a complaint explaining as to what transpired between my wife and the disgruntle interviewer with the bad disposition! A week later, my wife got an appointment to retake her test with a different interviewer and the 2nd time around, they video taped her interview! She passed her test! Go figure that! Some of these immigration officials can be idiots and like to play lord and master and try to push people around! That's why now, they video tape interviews so that the interviewer will be on their best behavior and show proof that the interview was conducted in an appropriate and professional manner! Edited by Art2ro
  • Like 1

Lordblacknail
Posted
Posted

I agree about the power trips some of these people have. And also about the congressman. This is one of those situations where your congressman can really be helpful if you run into an issue.