Worldremit

Genius
Posted
Posted

Has anyone any experience with this company ? The website seems ok and the fees reasonable. I nearly managed to send some money with them, but the card security prevented me from completing the transaction. Before, I attempt to send again, on a different card, I thought I might get any experiences from other users. This is for a UK to Phil transaction,(FYI). Many thanks !

brock
Posted
Posted

The best I have used so far is by money gram. cost is about 10 pounds, and the exchange rate is not too bad. and they have the money in seconds.If you send more than 500 pounds then it is reported. Brock.

Garpo
Posted
Posted

You might want to look at XE HERE I have not used them myself but remember some earlier post about them having very good rates.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Has anyone any experience with this company ? The website seems ok and the fees reasonable. I nearly managed to send some money with them, but the card security prevented me from completing the transaction. Before, I attempt to send again, on a different card, I thought I might get any experiences from other users. This is for a UK to Phil transaction,(FYI). Many thanks !
I do see that you do not need to use your card so if all else fails! Paying direct from bank account In UK ... If you choose to pay direct from your bank, simply choose "Pay from bank account" on our payment page and click on the "Confirm Send" button. Then transfer immediately the amount to pay to our bank account, details below. Make sure you add your WorldRemit customer number as the reference on the bank transfer. Bank Name: Barclays BankAccount Name: Worldremit Ltd Clients Funds A/C 1Sort Code: 20-27-48Account Number: 23533093

Genius
Posted
Posted

Managed to get it work, with a few phone calls to credit company.Sent it via lhullier.Now, will see how well it works in practice. Will report back.

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted
Managed to get it work, with a few phone calls to credit company. Sent it via lhullier. Now, will see how well it works in practice. Will report back.
Hello Genius, This is why this forum is so great with members like you taking the time to follow up and comment about all things related to the Philippines. Thank you sir -- Jake

Genius
Posted
Posted

Money got picked up ok. Worldremit, has a few payment options, but lhullier is the one I went with but you got the option of lbc,bdo and rcbc. The rate given was very close to the spot rate and the rate does not jump up too badly for larger amounts. £2.99 sterling to send 3000 peso and £7.99 to send 21,000 peso. So I think it is actually rather good value. I like the fact that they text the recipient for you also. Now, I ve had one transaction go through ok, I ll be less concerned about sending larger amounts. The interface on the webpages was pretty simple too.

• Like 1