Davao, Homeowners File Complaint Against Samantha Developer

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

I guess it is not all rosey in some of the Davao subdivisions. I personally only like to buy when something is already built, but to each his own.Monday, November 14, 2011HOMEOWNERS at Samantha Executive Homes in Matina Pangi, Davao City, formally filed a complaint before the Housing and Land Use Regulatory Board (HLURB) in Davao Region against the subdivision developer for failure to comply with approved subdivision plans. The Samantha Executive Homes Homeowners Association (SEHHA), through their legal counsel Cresenciana C. Cruz, filed Specific Performance Damages and Attorney's Fees charges against Foothills Realty and Development Corporation (FRDC). link to this story

Okieboy
Posted
Posted

i like to build instead of buying, most condos are pre sold, glad to here no bad construction in Cebu, i am building my second house this year, i can build two or three for the price of a 28sq meter condo, and i know what is in the cement. to each his own

post-1206-0-41123300-1321303358_thumb.jp

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
i like to build instead of buying, most condos are pre sold, glad to here no bad construction in Cebu, i am building my second house this year, i can build two or three for the price of a 28sq meter condo, and i know what is in the cement. to each his own
Yup building yourself is the best way to get a great job done. There has been construction issues with condos in Cebu, so those are also far from perfect from what I have seen.

bows00
Posted
Posted

I wish I had the skills like you guys... to build your own house... the way you want it with your own blood, sweat and tears.. Unfortunately, I'm not really a handyman type - I can barely do my own plumbing repairs (and I graduated as a mechanical engineer to boot!) I once bought a house in Hawaii, but realized right away that I would prefer to live in a condo - I was too busy to spend my weekends working around the house - especially yard work! I ended up hiring local hawaiian filipino workers to take care of my lawn for $60/ visit. But after I retire, the skies are the limit and I will be free to do whatever I want - to develope whatever skills I may want to improve, including carpentry, plumbling, etc. Nah! who am i kidding... hire a filipino brother, give me a San Miguel Lite with a big screen TV instead...

• Like 4

Bruce
Posted
Posted

You don't have to be a builder to build a house. just hire good people with experience. Then, quietly, play the workers off the designer. Ask them, compared to their past experience, is there enough steel in this? Enough concrete? What, if anything would you do to improve the building structure? Due to the prices, I find it easier to 'over build' then to cut corners. I build my place with a massive foundation for a 5 story building and each floor is independant of the others. I may only get to 2-3 stories, but what I built will take a signal 5 storm or average earthquake! I am happy with the workers out on Samar and up to 11 of them cost me less than 3,000p a day! 2 skilled, the rest helpers or semi skilled....

bows00
Posted
Posted

Whoa...what a deal! Thats around $70 / day US. I spend that much in 30 minutes at our local Korean bar! Based on how cheap labor is, I can see why you guys decide to build your own house. What about the architectural design fees? How does that work into the equation? Or do you design as you go..