How To Get Deported?

Garpo
Posted
Posted (edited)

Even before I arrived in the Philippines over a year ago and every since I have been here, I keep hearing that I need to be careful of what I say and do because it is so easy for somebody to file a case and have a foreigner deported. Has anybody actually known somebody that has been deported? What type of things has a foreigner done that any of you know for a fact that it has caused them to be deported? What are the steps if any that a foreigner do to avoid or stop a deportation? The reason for this topic is to educate me and others, not to be critical of anything or anybody.

Edited by Garpo

FlyAway
Posted
Posted

I'm going to follow this topic. We hear so much about this but as you say, "Who knows of anyone"? The "I have heard" does not really count to me.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

There was a Foreigner who married a Filipina and moved to Cebu. He bought a modest house and a used SUV. Turned out he liked meth. When he did meth sometimes he would slap his wife around. Once she got beat up and the neighbors called the police. The police came and took him off to the station. The next morning the police asked her not to blotter the beating as he “showed deep remorse”. It came out later he had made a withdrawal from the ATM machine while in police custody. A month or so later he had a seizure and nearly died. After a week or two in hospital the doctors figured out the true story and she asked him to be deported. The doctors said he was addicted to meth was psychotic and unstable. He was deported and black listed. Six months later she found out he was living with another Filipina in Manila. Her lawyer contacted the authorities who picked him up. They then contacted her asking if she wanted him deported. He was still black listed. Another bribe? She sad “yes deport him he said he will kill me” the lawyer worked it and he was once more deported.I know this to be a true story.

• Like 1

Garpo
Posted
Posted
There was a Foreigner who married a Filipina and moved to Cebu. He bought a modest house and a used SUV. Turned out he liked meth. When he did meth sometimes he would slap his wife around.Once she got beat up and the neighbors called the police. The police came and took him off to the station.The next morning the police asked her not to blotter the beating as he “showed deep remorse”. It came out later he had made a withdrawal from the ATM machine while in police custody.A month or so later he had a seizure and nearly died. After a week or two in hospital the doctors figured out the true story and she asked him to be deported. The doctors said he was addicted to meth was psychotic and unstable. He was deported and black listed.Six months later she found out he was living with another Filipina in Manila. Her lawyer contacted the authorities who picked him up. They then contacted her asking if she wanted him deported. He was still black listed. Another bribe? She sad “yes deport him he said he will kill me” the lawyer worked it and he was once more deported.I know this to be a true story.
I would say that this guy got off easy. Deported rather than facing drug charges in the Philippines were he could go to prison for life. Looks to me like this was a pretty justified deportation.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

He was never found in possession of Meth (Shabu). It was the Doctors talking to the Filipinas family that got her out of that relationship. She would have stayed with him. He later made a number of death threats to her and her family because he was unable to return.I also know for a fact some police in Talisay Cebu can be bribed as can some BIR members in Manila.

• Like 1

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

I only know of all the news stories and know second hand of one foreigner who was arrested and was supposed to face charges for striking a Filipino and resisting arrest and it seems he was well connected so it all went away. I do not know if he bribed anyone but being connected and knowing people is probably just as good to get one out of trouble.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I got deported once,was in France at the time. When I checked Into the hotel I clicked my fingers and de porter came over. :3_8_14[1]: .

• Like 3

Jim Sibbick
Posted
Posted

Check the archives. There should be several reports of foreigners being deported for disrespecting a Filipino. The last one was a few months ago about 2 Chinese who were deported for disrespecting a Filipino on a plane. It only takes a report from a Barangay Captain to get deported. It is not just a deportation issue it is a safety issue as well. Regardless of your thoughts on any given situation, just grin and bear it. Causing a Filipino to lose face can make you an enemy for life. Regards: Jim

• Like 2