Tourist Arrivals Hit 3.14m In 2008

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

They really should thank forums like this for so many people coming. Forums, and guys like us that live in the Philippines, are their best free advertising. :yes: Tourist arrivals hit 3.14M in 2008 http://business.inquirer.net/money/topstor...it-314M-in-2008It seems the Koreans beat out the Americans, hey guys, got to get our numbers up. Can't let them Koreans beat us out. SugarwareZ-004.gif :thumbsup: South Korea topped the number of arrivals with 611,629 in 2008, up 19.48 percent from the 2007 figure, while the United States was second with 578,246 arrivals, up 18.4 percent, the department said in a statement.

johnrxx99
Posted
Posted

Heard last night that Prague had 3.4m visitors last year. So one European city has more tourists than the whole of the PI.I appreciate that the EU accounts for a third of the world economy but only goes to show what giving a good service and focused investment can be achieved by a country that was effectively third world 20 years ago.If the PI had someone in charge of tourism who actually knew what he was doing may be a start. But then again I guess his budget would build a new house in LA rather than help the industry.

brock
Posted
Posted

You never see the Philippines advertised as a holiday destination in the UK, Plenty for the rest of asia though.

johnrxx99
Posted
Posted
You never see the Philippines advertised as a holiday destination in the UK, Plenty for the rest of asia though.
Exactly but I bet there is a budget for it. I wonder where it goes.