How Dumb Or Naive Can Some People Be

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted (edited)

Falling for the oldest scam out there and by a Nigerian no less. One would think he would check out the company first before giving any money, but NO. Sorry it is probably not a laughing matter but I thought everyone on the internet had heard about the Nigerian scams by now, I know I have gotten dozens of those types of emails, how many of you have gotten them too? Nigerian nabbed for online scamMANILA, Philippines - A Nigerian man was arrested for allegedly being involved in an online scam during an entrapment at a motel in Ermita, Manila, the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) said yesterday. NBI Anti-Fraud Division chief Cesar Bacani identified the suspect as Awa Vitalys Njinwa. The victim, an Australian man, told the NBI he received an e-mail from a company saying that his aunt in London passed away and left him an inheritance worth three million pounds (approximately P180 million). The victim said he was required to pay P800,000 up front to the firm before he gets his inheritance. When he went to Manila to meet Njinwa, he said he was required to pay an additional P5.5 million. The victim said after he paid the fees, the suspect refused to give him his inheritance. When he checked on the company Njinwa allegedly represented, the firm was non-existent. He went to the NBI for help.

Edited by Mr. Lee
add

Candyman
Posted
Posted

There's one born every minute !

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

It could be that many older people are learning to use computers these days and some are not up with the scams or such things. But even so one would think that it was suspicious that an aunt who he does not know would leave him money. I often get the same crap in Emails and some dumb scammers even use the word Nigerian bank which would ring alarm bells for most.