Iligan City

tbplayer
Posted
Posted

Does anyone live near or in Iligan city? My wife is from there but it's been awhile since we've been back, is it still a safe place to be? :thumbsup:

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Does anyone live near or in Iligan city? My wife is from there but it's been awhile since we've been back, is it still a safe place to be? :thumbsup:
I had my wife email her friend who is married to an American and who has family in Iligan, so they go back and forth. Her friend said all has been quite and yes it is safe now in both Iligan and Cagayan de Oro. I would opt for CDO for long term stays if I was you, to play it safe because there happens to be a lot of foreigners there but if your wife's family is in Iligan then that might be where she wishes to be. Disclaimer for my sake, always remember things can always change, so while it is safe now, there happens to be a lot of Muslims living in that area, so it is possible there could be problems related to that down the road. I am not saying Muslims are bad people, I am saying there are some Muslim groups who seem to be the cause of much of the terrorist problems in the Philippines, so whether their cause is just or not in their minds is none of my business, yet I feel violence is never the answer to any problems.
  • Like 1

acman
Posted
Posted

My wife is also from Iligan city,Her family has not said anything about any trouble going on there in a long time.The last time i was there was in early 2010 and i felt just as safe there as i did in Cebu, but i was really protected by all my wifes brothers also LOL!

• Like 1

tbplayer
Posted
Posted

we actually will be living there or near there during the winter months in the future. just hoping it stays peaceful