Bi Tightens Rules On Application For Student Visas Of Foreigners

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

David said the new rule was imposed after reports reached him that unscrupulous travel agents have been conniving with foreigners in submitting fake or fraudulent transcript of records/school records for the student visa and SSP applications. “We have to make sure that only foreigners actually studying in the Philippines are given these visas. This anomaly should be stopped because these fake foreign students are blatantly violating our laws,” the BI chief said. David added he already instructed lawyers Ma. Antonette Bucasas-Mangrobang, BI acting intelligence chief, and Anna Katrina Sy-Gil, BI student desk head, to investigate and identify the fake alien students so their visas can be canceled and they are arrested and deported. Link

Jake
Posted
Posted

I wonder if the largest group of student visa violators are the Korean students taking up English courses?And then cut classes to party with their parents Visa card......he, he. Jake

• Like 2

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

Bi Tightens Rules On Application For Studs...thats what i 1st read when i saw the headline in another paper ,then i realized that it said STUDES.Jake is correct that some just come here to party, who wouldnt before you enter the 1 or 2 yr mandatorymilitary service. what I have noticed in a few cases, these "koreans" come to work in their aunts,uncles or extended families business ,as 1.they need a Authentic korean server or wait staff 2. a worker who they can totally trust (cough)I RARELY.and i mean RARELY (oh no ED has DOUBLE worded he must be serious) have read about a korean business being "raided" for having a "family" member workingother than a KTV/RESTRO.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Bi Tightens Rules On Application For Studs... thats what i 1st read when i saw the headline in another paper ,then i realized that it said STUDES. Jake is correct that some just come here to party, who wouldnt before you enter the 1 or 2 yr mandatorymilitary service.what I have noticed in a few cases, these "koreans" come to work in their aunts,uncles or extended families business,as 1.they need a Authentic korean server or wait staff2. a worker who they can totally trust (cough) I RARELY.and i mean RARELY (oh no ED has DOUBLE worded he must be serious)have read about a korean business being "raided" for having a "family" member workingother than a KTV/RESTRO.
Got a bit of a fright there for a minute,had these bad thoughts of being measured at the BI office under the STUD rules and sent home for non compliance :89:
  • Like 2