B1/b2 Visa Advice

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

I know of a situation that a child has an appointment w/USCIS to obtain citizenshipwhich means this child must travel to the US.Yet the "GENIUSES" at the American embassy has denied this child twice,.does any one have any suggestions to obtain a b1/b2 visa?

Garpo
Posted
Posted

Ed, Can you tell us a bit more like who and where are the parents. Are the parents US citizens or if they are in the US what type of visa are they on? How old are the children?

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

the child age 8,is born to a US father,the father has acknowledged & is providing support,Child is here in the RP, childs mother is Philippine father was & unable to submit the "needed" documents for "certificate of birth abroad" to the embassy.the alternative to "filing" CBA is to file paperwork to the USCIS.so the USCIS paperwork has been filed for childs "citizenship" in 2006, the "case " has been pending since this time. ALL the Child must do to receive citizenship is to attend the "hearing" at USCIS, in the USA, Contacted the USCIS at the embassy/manila,to inquire if the "hearing" could be done here in the RP or via "teleconference" ... they state that the "case" cant be transfered from the 1 jurisdiction to another & that this type of "paperwork" is not filed overseas but in the US .When child attended "VISA" appointment with the USCIS paperwork, the counsel official denied B1/b2 visa to attend/visit the US stating , that they should file paperwork here for "Certificate of birth abroad"and cant recall the other reason but something that the child may not return?(did not establish ties that would indicate a return after visit)it has been 2 1/2 yrs since last applied for visa.hope that this has been helpful.

Garpo
Posted
Posted

It is my understanding that the b1-b2 visa is a business visa. Is the mother living and working in the US? Is it his father that is trying to get him to the US for a visit or for him to live there? Is there somebody here in the Philippines that is trying to take him there with them on a visit? I hope somebody here in the forum can help but it sounds pretty complicated and you might want to retain or talk with a US immigration lawyer who could then attend to any matters that would need to be conducted in the US.

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted (edited)

B1 is the business visa, B2 is the visitor's visa. Both use the same application process. It is a total waste of money. They secretly use a lottery system to award visas. If they already gave out the maximum allotted visas for the day then they deny everyone after that.

Edited by Steve & Myrlita