Bad experience

kenn
Posted
Posted (edited)

.My favorite part of the house is the porch. It's an awesome place to chill out and watch the street activities, have a smoke, drink with a friend."Yeah and get robbed and or killed"Sorry if I sound harsh but I have experienced a bad time on one of my last visits. We are white and look different so we are all targets for the ones broke, cheaters and wanting a piece of what we have.

Edited by kenn

ekimswish
Posted
Posted
.My favorite part of the house is the porch. It's an awesome place to chill out and watch the street activities, have a smoke, drink with a friend."Yeah and get robbed and or killed"Sorry if I sound harsh but I have experienced a bad time on one of my last visits. We are white and look different so we are all targets for the ones broke, cheaters and wanting a piece of what we have.
If that's the case, then why go at all?Does it help that we live in a very tiny town where my wife's family has lived for hundreds of years (probably), and everyone not only knows everyone, but most of them seem related?Sure, no one's invincible, and it could totally happen to me there, but I think we're pretty well connected and familiar with everyone around us in this particular town. Hey, whadda they say about murders and kidnaps? It's usually someone in the family or close to.
  • Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
If that's the case, then why go at all?Does it help that we live in a very tiny town where my wife's family has lived for hundreds of years (probably), and everyone not only knows everyone, but most of them seem related?Sure, no one's invincible, and it could totally happen to me there, but I think we're pretty well connected and familiar with everyone around us in this particular town. Hey, whadda they say about murders and kidnaps? It's usually someone in the family or close to.
I'm sorry to hear you had a bad experience sadly those kinda thing do happen sometimes. Yes having family nearby can make a HUGE difference.