Maybe It Is Not Just Perception

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

And I am sure many more never even get reported.Cebu City, Province have highest crime volume in R7, but figures are droppingWednesday, December 7, 2011IN the past 10 months, the Police Regional Office (PRO) 7’s crime statistics showed that Cebu City recorded the highest number of crimes in Central Visayas with 6,806.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I can only assume you are referring to my comment about foreigners and crime where I said a foreigner is perceived to be rich. The statistics in the article did not distinguished between nationality's or ones financial status as a victim but in worsening economic times crime increases everywhere.I wonder if the population growth figures are take into account when quoting crime statistics. Also maybe the citizens are becoming more trusting of the police and reporting more crimes than in the past. :hystery:

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted (edited)
I can only assume you are referring to my comment about foreigners and crime where I said a foreigner is perceived to be rich. The statistics in the article did not distinguished between nationality's or ones financial status as a victim but in worsening economic times crime increases everywhere.I wonder if the population growth figures are take into account when quoting crime statistics. Also maybe the citizens are becoming more trusting of the police and reporting more crimes than in the past. :hystery:
Sorry, I was not to referencing anyone's post when I posted that, what I was referring to is many people saying it is so safe in the Philippines, yet many of us have seen crime going up continually during the years. Is it more news reporting, or as you say more people trusting the police, who knows but as you said, as the economy gets worse, and it is predicted to be even worse in the Philippines next year, the crime will most likely increase too. I have seen first hand where the crime in poor neighborhoods goes up even more as things get bad, yet in first world countries with many car thieves and many cars to steal, criminals easily branch out to good neighborhoods. Where in most of the Philippines can we consider it to be a good neighborhood since we often see the poor living right along side the richer people.More caution might be called for in where we live and the things we do, that is about all my post was directed at since if crime is going up in Cebu, it is likely going up in many other parts of the Philippines as well. Edited by Mr. Lee

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Lee, I think you are right.... we do know parts of Philippines (for sure Cebu) has a serious methamphetamine problem today and that must affect the crime rate. I do not trust anything written in the local papers or published from PNP or other official sources.

brock
Posted
Posted

More people trusting the police, ?.... :hystery:

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)
More people trusting the police, ?.... :hystery:
:hystery:http://www.philstar....bCategoryId=107http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?articleId=757008&publicationSubCategoryId=107 Edited by Old55