Free-Diving

TheSweatyButcher
Posted
Posted

Hello, I'm wanting to get into spearfishing so I think I should start off by learning the proper techniques of free-diving. I found one place on-line that offers the training at http://www.freediving-philippines.com/.Anyone know of any other places?

Bruce
Posted
Posted (edited)

I don't know about that. Learning to dive 'on line' seems to be lacking something. Like a guy learning medicine from the 1960's era game OPERATION?I personally think the direct approach (wet one) is a better idea. Why I remember when my father taught me to swim. I was 5-6 yrs old. He just threw me out into the water and left me to figure out how to swim the say 6 feet back to the wall. Sure, I sank and struggled, but let me tell you! Once I got out of that burlap sack, man, I was swimming!

Edited by Bruce
  • Like 2

Patsada
Posted
Posted

I know these guys personally - I understand they run the one and only free-diving school in the Philippines.Every year, usually in May, they offer their courses on all levels on Camiguin Island!GreetingsPatsada

TheSweatyButcher
Posted
Posted
I know these guys personally - I understand they run the one and only free-diving school in the Philippines.Every year, usually in May, they offer their courses on all levels on Camiguin Island!GreetingsPatsada
I've read great review's about them. I'll most likely take a basic course with them. If I get good I might swing by your island and explore.