Criminals Are Getting Braver, Be Careful

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Or may be just more desperate as the economy may be getting worse than the govt is letting on.Japanese national robbedCEBU, Philippines - A Japanese national was robbed yesterday dawn along Roxas Street, barangay Kasambagan, Cebu City.Kazuhiro Kawasaki, 60, of the said barangay, was waiting for a ride when motorcycle-riding-robbers stopped in front of him at around 4:40 a.m.The man riding in pillion reportedly poked a caliber 45 pistol at the victim who was shocked.Kawasaki is the latest foreign national who fell victim to the lawless elements in the city.

sjp52
Posted
Posted

Well at least he was not shot and killed like a lot of other cases

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Alone on the street 4:30AM with expensive toys.

• Like 2

sjp52
Posted
Posted

they really need to start catching these guys and prosecuting them. People read this and think its a safe way to get easy money. I would bet there is an increase in this sort of crime. Soon the two main ways of earning money in the Philippines will be robbery and prostitution. I,m reading more and more stories of people being robbed. A little while ago a thief grabbed my wifes purse and got away with it. You never hear of robbers robbing well to do Filipinos. I think the police think its ok if you steal from a foreigner as long as you leave your own kind alone.

• Like 1

Garpo
Posted
Posted

I think that this kind of thing is getting to be about the number one concern with foreigners that are living here in the Philippines. I know that it is at the top of my life. There are things that you can do to avoid these type of things but the truth of the matter is that any time you leave your house it is like having a big target painted on you.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
they really need to start catching these guys and prosecuting them. People read this and think its a safe way to get easy money. I would bet there is an increase in this sort of crime. Soon the two main ways of earning money in the Philippines will be robbery and prostitution. I,m reading more and more stories of people being robbed. A little while ago a thief grabbed my wifes purse and got away with it. You never hear of robbers robbing well to do Filipinos. I think the police think its ok if you steal from a foreigner as long as you leave your own kind alone.
It's not an "us and them" issue so much as muggers are lazy cowards and know if the rob the wrong connected Filipino they could meet Mr. vigilante. Us Foreigners are easy targets not only that everyone knows we are not allowed guns.1%20(72).gif
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
Stroker Hawaii
Posted
Posted

Yup, someone tried breaking into my house the other night while I was awake and my light was on. And I have armed guards within eyesight of my house. Luckily they couldn't get past my lock.