Tb And Philhealth

Bruce
Posted
Posted (edited)

There was a mention on another thread about TB and that Philhealth pays for it...... Well, maybe... BUT so does the WHO. This is important to know as TB is coming back into vogue.I know a woman in Manila whose family is from southern Luzon. She needed money for meds for her father. I asked her to send me the name of the meds and as it turns out, it was the end stage meds for advanced TB. He was in a hospital in Manila but had run out of meds and money to buy. And they moved back to the province.I told her to go to a hospital there, she did and they refused to test him for TB (so they can claim ignorance) and they refused to help him. I sent her instructions to talk to the doc again and tell him that the hospital in Manila already diagnosed him and the WHO pays for TB treatment and if the hospital refused to help him she was going to the govenor's office.So the hospital helped him and he is much better today.The point here is KNOW how to get things done. TB is a reconized world wide contagious killer and funds are made available by the WHO to treat it in the Philippines.If you know anyone who has TB or the signs... Philhealth or not.... they are supposed to get free meds! MAKE IT HAPPEN! And TB can also be a skin infection or breast infestion (paget's disease) as well as the ever popular lung infection.....

Edited by Bruce
  • Like 2

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

THANK YOU Bruce for the Information, I was totally Unaware of WHO (not the ROCK group) paying for this lifesaving treatment.I shall pass it along to others who may need to know.and others PLEASE pass it along to your "health"provider as he/she may not be aware either of this.

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Do you have a link or any information about how this is administered, I can't find anything on it. Thank you.

Bruce
Posted
Posted

No. I have seen it in funding reports. I suggest if you are in Phils see the areas public health officer. They or actually any MD working on the local hospitals should be aware of this. I know out on Samar, the docs let you DIE if you do not have money for meds. but they do have meds available for free for TB....

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

This may give some info http://www.who.int/countries/phl/en/

• 3 weeks later...
Call me bubba
Posted
Posted
Do you have a link or any information about how this is administered, I can't find anything on it. Thank you.
No. I have seen it in funding reports. I suggest if you are in Phils see the areas public health officer. ...
I went to the city health office today(Sta Rosa), asked them about this, YES they do provide "free" TB medicine to those who need it, as Bruce posted, JUST inquire at the "city" or Public health office or officer,
  • Like 1

Bruce
Posted
Posted
No. I have seen it in funding reports. I suggest if you are in Phils see the areas public health officer....
I went to the city health office today(Sta Rosa), asked them about this, YES they do provide "free" TB medicine to those who need it, as Bruce posted, JUST inquire at the "city" or Public health office or officer,
Just remember there is a thing called 'intentional ignorance'. While the meds are supposed to be free, 'they' may try to avoid testing for TB, therefore denying any meds to the sick person. So you might have to force the issue a bit or spring for a chest xray (about $7) to prove your point. Once they see you mean business, then they should stop the games. Much better if they see a white face asking questions than some street beggar.