Canadian Found Dead In Davao Hotel

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted (edited)

Sad, why would a man wish to kill themselves in the land of smiles and with so many pretty women? I hope we read more about this.A Canadian national was found dead inside his hotel room in Davao City on Monday morning.Kevin Brent Lewis allegedly hung himself using a belt inside a bathroom in Prince Court Hotel at around 9 a.m.Police have yet to determine if foul play was involved in the Canadian’s death.According to a hotel employee, she was able to talk to the foreign national about 2 hours before his alleged suicide.

Edited by Mr. Lee

Garpo
Posted
Posted (edited)

While sad and hard to admit. There seems to be a growing trend of foreigners that have there hopes set so high for their trip or move to the Philippines that it can be a very big let down once they arrive and realize that it really is not all what they expected.I would also like to learn more about this but I think I could make a pretty educated guess and say that this guy came to the Philippines expecting to find his longed desired Filipina girlfriend only to find out that he had been conned by either girl or guy that took him for his money.Most suicides are a result of the feelings of a broken heart and lack of confidence in the future.Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem!

Edited by Garpo
  • Like 1

Bruce
Posted
Posted

Last month a guy from Belguim jumps to his death in Makati... now a Canadian kills himself? Is there a pattern here? Guys! While suicide is an 'option' it is in fact a permanent option with no retakes or do overs.Think this out carefully before you act. And make sure you spell my name right in the Will..... you know, just say'in..... hehehehehe

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

It would surely take ingenuity. I am trying to think of a bathroom anywhere in the Philippines that has a fixture strong enough and high enough for me to even do chin ups, let alone hang myself. It is the very last method of suicide I would even consider.Of course, if I was really serious about it I don't know why I would be in such a hurry as to get out of bed at 7 am and go chat with a hotel employee, then go back to my room at 9 am to do it. Hmmm. Perhaps he needed to enlist the help of someone standing behind him, pulling on the belt. That would be the easiest way to commit suicide with a belt in the CR.