Cebu Charcoal Bibingka Cooker

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

I'm looking to buy a charcoal Bibingka cooker from Cebu to bring home to the States. I asked this question while back without any answers but this time I have a not very good picture that shows them in use.The way they work is the clay pot has coals in it. The cast iron griddle goes atop that. Then one of the five charcoal containers shown in front of them will be placed over the top of the Bibingka griddle in that way the mix is cooked from the bottom and top at the same time. I hope that makes sense.Cooking Bibingka in that way is just outstanding.bibingkagepho1.jpg

Bruce
Posted
Posted

I never knew what these were, but a squatter I know makes them, maybe 20 at a time. Made using cement (not clay) and a old large coffee can as a form. I have not seen any bowels, just the finished product with the metal grille set into it.Unfortunately, he is on Samar. I suggest you go to Colon and walk the back streets closer to the water (yes Lee, in the daytime) and see what you can see as there are a lot of little guys making things forsale or export out the other islands on the boats.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I think you can get them in the electric version now.