Same Level As A Stray Dog?

Fred & Mimi
Posted
Posted
Forgive me MikeB for taking one of your quotations. For those of you that feels like lower than whale chitcitizen/resident living in the Philippines, may I offer this suggestion: please quickly establish a rapport withthe local neighborhood watchers (tanods), barangay captains, PNP and city hall officials.Remember, we're talking about the Philippines where certain "donations" are expected if you want thingsdone your way. And I'm not talking about exchanging money either.For example, I've been known to spontaneously give cold bottles of water as I'm passing through a policecheckpoint. Leftover pizzas to the local tricycle and jeepney drivers; picture taking of PNP posing with mywife at the police station; donating cheap flashlights/binoculars to tanods.....many possibilities of "greasing"the system at your immediate location. Any other suggestions submitted will be greatly appreciated.Of course, there are some drawbacks to this arrangement, depending how you tolerate persistent "requests".Respectfully -- Jake
Yeap...you never know when that leftover piece pinoy gold will get you home on a night when you spent all your money :horse: hehehehe

• 4 weeks later...
i am bob
Posted
Posted
Forgive me MikeB for taking one of your quotations. For those of you that feels like lower than whale chitcitizen/resident living in the Philippines, may I offer this suggestion: please quickly establish a rapport withthe local neighborhood watchers (tanods), barangay captains, PNP and city hall officials.Remember, we're talking about the Philippines where certain "donations" are expected if you want thingsdone your way. And I'm not talking about exchanging money either.For example, I've been known to spontaneously give cold bottles of water as I'm passing through a policecheckpoint. Leftover pizzas to the local tricycle and jeepney drivers; picture taking of PNP posing with mywife at the police station; donating cheap flashlights/binoculars to tanods.....many possibilities of "greasing"the system at your immediate location. Any other suggestions submitted will be greatly appreciated.Of course, there are some drawbacks to this arrangement, depending how you tolerate persistent "requests".Respectfully -- Jake
This worked great for me - in Germany! So I can't see why it wouldn't work here too!