New Balikbayan Box Issues.

Bruce
Posted
Posted

I have been using www.forexworld.com as a shipper for almost 3 years. So far so good. BUT the US gub'ment has decided to install a fancy high tech scanner in the LA port which adds 1-2 weeks and about $2,000 to the shipping costs of each container, or so I have been told by company people.So now, without any notification, Forex is rerouting all boxes away from LA when possible. I ship from Florida and recently found my boxes have been sent to Virginia for loading out on a ship. No update in a month and emails and phone calls to the company are not getting me any answers as to where the boxes are and WHEN they should be delivered. In the past, all south east boxes were sent to Jacksonville Florida and then put on a rail car to LA, then on a ship to Hong Kong where off loaded onto small ships going across Asia's small ports, and in my case, Manila. Usually 30 days total time at sea, 14 days traveling in the US and then 14 to 21 days ROTTTING in a wearhouse in Manila in route to Tacloban until the local people decide to come to Samar...... As I understand it, Forex (and myself) have no issue as the the scanning, but object to the delay and the cost being put back on the shipper. At $2,000 a container, it looks like a cash cow for the port under the guise of 'security'. Even if the scanner costs $2,000,000 that cost is recouped in 1-2 DAYS in looking at the container volume of the LA port.Anyone else have any information?

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

No info here in Seattle, the shipping timeline has not changed the past 14 years. We have used a number of shippers but like you Bruce find Forex World by far the best.

Bruce
Posted
Posted
No info here in Seattle, the shipping timeline has not changed the past 14 years. We have used a number of shippers but like you Bruce find Forex World by far the best.
Due to you being in the suicide capital of the US, and therefore close to the Latin Kings US headquarters (LA), you may not see any changes. But for those of us on the east coast, they are now shipping out of Virginia and this adds 7 -10 days time 'at sea'.I just got off the phone with the very typical overly polite Pinay in Virginia who found my boxes and told me the scheduled delivery to Manila date. She verified that Forex is avoiding LA when possible. At least she did not say ... "Sorry Sir, out of stock!"......If I had of known there was going to be a longer delay... I would have cut more air holes in the box and added in extra water and food...... I sure hope they don't die..... hehehehehe
  • Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

LOL!!!