Open Ticket

acman
Posted
Posted

Plan on coming to the phils soon. Im not sure how long im gonna stay .How u go about getting a open ticket ? I get my tickets from expedia only see one way and round trip. Any one got any advice?

johnrxx99
Posted
Posted

Most airlines sell open tickets but they cost more of course. Qatar for eg give you a fixed date but if you change it they charge

tom_shor
Posted
Posted (edited)

Airline or travel agent can probably get you what you want. After several very big hose jobs personally I would swim before I would use Expedia.

Edited by tom_shor

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

We use a travel agent and PAL and set a return date and then go to their SM office and change the date and so far they have not charged us but we do use them exclusively a couple of times during the year, so maybe they treat us better because of that, I am not sure.

Markham
Posted
Posted
We use a travel agent and PAL and set a return date and then go to their SM office and change the date and so far they have not charged us but we do use them exclusively a couple of times during the year, so maybe they treat us better because of that, I am not sure.
Whether or not the airline charges to change the date of the return sector depends, to a large extent, on the type, or "class", of ticket you purchase - ie: choose one that's not subject to a maximum stay of less than 3 months. Most long-haul carriers will not make such a charge if they are notified in advance but may charge a "no show" fee if you change your return date after the date you were due to fly. Having said that, KLM has a no-charge policy effective worldwide but its handling agents here in the Philippines choose to ignore that fact. Qatar has a similar policy which is honoured here - but Qatar is invariably more expensive between Cebu and the UK.Mark