American Commits Suicide In Batangas Apartment

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Yet another expat death. Suicide? 41 years old and with his whole life ahead of him, what a shame. Wednesday, January 4, 2012AUTHORITIES found an American national dead inside his apartment in Batangas on Tuesday night, an apparent suicide.Gabriel Elliot, 41, whose remains now lie in state at the Filipinas Funeral Parlor in the city, was found around 7:15 in the evening in his apartment on Vergara street in Barangay 12. He had a gunshot wound on his temple."The victim allegedly committed suicide with the use of cal 38 revolver," PNP spokesman Chief Supt. Agrimero Cruz said.A Smith and Sesson cal .38 revolver, five live ammunition, a fired cartridge, a resume of the victim, and a P20 bill was recovered from the scene.Link

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I wonder if the P20 was there for a reason. :unsure:

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
I wonder if the P20 was there for a reason. :unsure:
Possibly so it did not look like a robbery.
  • Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
five live ammunition
Hmm, was he planning to miss a few times? Although there are suicides all over the world, it just strikes me as inane that so many people appear to have traveled half way around the globe just to put a bullet in their own brain when it would have been so much easier to do without leaving home. It is also interesting that our own embassies don't want to know more. Only a very few embassies investigate the deaths of expats to verify suicide. I guess we have to face it that when we move here, nobody cares!
  • Like 4

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
five live ammunition
Hmm, was he planning to miss a few times? Although there are suicides all over the world, it just strikes me as inane that so many people appear to have traveled half way around the globe just to put a bullet in their own brain when it would have been so much easier to do without leaving home. It is also interesting that our own embassies don't want to know more. Only a very few embassies investigate the deaths of expats to verify suicide. I guess we have to face it that when we move here, nobody cares!
Well it did say his apartment so I guess he is not a tourist so he may have been happy up until recently. Who knows.And you say nobody cares,I care Dave :-kiss: :)