Recycled Footwear

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

A great idea ?post-1-0-01689700-1326018614_thumb.jpg

volstateguy
Posted
Posted

I saw a survival show on discovery channel, on which a survivalist made a pair of shoes out of an old tire. Seemed like a good idea, may not be very comfortable but I bet they last a long time.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
I saw a survival show on discovery channel, on which a survivalist made a pair of shoes out of an old tire. Seemed like a good idea, may not be very comfortable but I bet they last a long time.
When he was finished walking on them, was he 'dog tired'Explanation for those who aren't familiar with the slang use of 'dog':According to Tom Dalzell, author of Flappers 2 Rappers: American Youth Slang (Merriam Webster, October 1996), it was during the Jazz Age of the 1920's that "dogs" was used as a noun to indicate feet.

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

They use to manufacture footwear in the Philippine made from discarded tires. The verbal warranty was 40,000 kilometers from car tires and 100,000 kilometers from truck tires. I wanted to buy a pair to hang on the wall as a conversation piece, but my wife nixed the idea. JJR

Bruce
Posted
Posted

Looks strange and uncomfortable to me. Looking as those nasty feet, he mostly likely goes barefoot all the time, but he is now standing in sand. Sand gets hot. Perhaps a temporary fix for the hot sand?

Mike S
Posted
Posted
When I lived in Florida I used to see tramp freighters leaving from Florida with bunches and I mean bunches of old bald used tires piled high on the decks heading to Jamaica and Haiti ...... I was told by one of the local fisherman that they were going to become shoes in those countries ..... makes sense as you can get many miles with out a blow-out .... but it must be hell if you get a steel belt strand in your toe ..... :thumbsup:

Bundy
Posted
Posted

Think i'll stick to my "Islanders" thanks.

MikeB
Posted
Posted
When I lived in Florida I used to see tramp freighters leaving from Florida with bunches and I mean bunches of old bald used tires piled high on the decks heading to Jamaica and Haiti ...... I was told by one of the local fisherman that they were going to become shoes in those countries ..... makes sense as you can get many miles with out a blow-out .... but it must be hell if you get a steel belt strand in your toe ..... :thumbsup:
It was probably a part of this project to create an artificial reef. Turned into a disaster and they are still trying to clean it up, last I heard the military was hired to do it but was temporarily suspending it because resources are stretched thin from various conflicts.