Eye Surgery

tomtaylor
Posted
Posted

Am considering eye surgery. Been told can't have lasik surgery as eyes too far gone but another procedure is Lensoctomy.Anyone know much about costs of this in philippines

Tatoosh
Posted
Posted (edited)

First time I've heard of that one. It will definitely be cheaper, but how much is hard to say without someone here having done it. Also, the medial competence of your doctor here can vary widely. While I used to be an advocate of medical tourism (to save money) my experience now makes me much more leery. Not that there are not good doctors here, there are. I recently had gall bladder surgery and it was a smooth as the same procedure as in the USA. Very competent surgeon and minimal discomfort. Not your procedure, I understand, but for illustrative purposes.Cost was five thousand dollars. A bit high for here but it included three or four days in the hospital after being admitted via the emergency ward. So figure four days in the USA, very qualified surgeon and top anesthesiologist since I have COPD. I'm guessing it would have been a tad higher in the USA.

Edited by Tatoosh

tomtaylor
Posted
Posted

thanks,thats my worry as well...if doctors are good.I emailed chong hua hospital a few days ago about if they did the surgery and cost.No reply....ah well maybe get one in July....haha

Tatoosh
Posted
Posted

Chong Hua is a good hospital and would be my first choice if I was in Cebu.

• Like 1