What Blood Type Are You? Setting Up A Network Of Our Own.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted (edited)

No I do not want an answer, I want to suggest that at least you, your friends and your family or gf knows your blood type. I am going to make this suggestion to everyone who lives in a foreign country and especially a third world country. Do you know what your blood type is? If you do not then it might be about time you found out. Don't wait until it is too late! Do you have any friends who you know that know their blood type and are any of them the same as yours?If you guys really wish to live in a third world country, and many of you do not wish to post on forums where some might wish to help a friend but might not wish to help a stranger, maybe it is time to set up your own network and even if you do post on forums the same might apply since it seems some expats blood might not be safe due to medicines they are on or conditions they may have. Forums and SOS are one way of getting help but setting up your own network might be a much better way since it seems many people do not wish to go out of their way for others, even some who have had others help them, and then there is also the fact that many on forums are not even in the area or maybe not even in the country you live. This might be yet one more reason that a person does not wish to live too far away from other expats or at least persons of their own blood type, since some might now be dead if other expats might have had to travel far to donate blood.Think long and hard about where you guys move and some way of setting up a network or even finding out if some healthy locals you know might have the same blood type. I have no idea what blood type Filipinos usually are. Anyone know? At this point I do not even know my wife's blood type. 1%20(103).gif1%20(103).gif

Edited by Mr. Lee
  • Like 1

Bruce
Posted
Posted
No I do not want an answer, I want to suggest that at least you, your friends and your family or gf knows your blood type. I am going to make this suggestion to everyone who lives in a foreign country and especially a third world country. Do you know what your blood type is? If you do not then it might be about time you found out. Don't wait until it is too late! Do you have any friends who you know that know their blood type and are any of them the same as yours?If you guys really wish to live in a third world country, and many of you do not wish to post on forums where some might wish to help a friend but might not wish to help a stranger, maybe it is time to set up your own network and even if you do post on forums the same might apply since it seems some expats blood might not be safe due to medicines they are on or conditions they may have. Forums and SOS are one way of getting help but setting up your own network might be a much better way since it seems many people do not wish to go out of their way for others, even some who have had others help them, and then there is also the fact that many on forums are not even in the area or maybe not even in the country you live. This might be yet one more reason that a person does not wish to live too far away from other expats or at least persons of their own blood type, since some might now be dead if other expats might have had to travel far to donate blood.Think long and hard about where you guys move and some way of setting up a network or even finding out if some healthy locals you know might have the same blood type. I have no idea what blood type Filipinos usually are. Anyone know? At this point I do not even know my wife's blood type. 1%20(103).gif1%20(103).gif
Well as a medical professional, I can say with certainty that the people of the Philippines have a RED blood type. The exact hue of course is determined by the red blood cells and if they are carring oxygen at the time they are viewed.Vulcans on the other hand have a green type of blood, due to the high copper content.Hope this helps

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Well if THIS PAGE is correct then many Asians are type O and type O is supposed to be a universal donor according to that page, so then why is it so hard to get blood when an expat is in trouble?post-40-0-98941400-1326401532_thumb.jpg post-40-0-31864900-1326401543_thumb.jpg You would think that the Red Cross Philippines would have something set up already.

• Like 1

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted
Well if THIS PAGE is correct then many Asians are type O and type O is supposed to be a universal donor according to that page, so then why is it so hard to get blood when an expat is in trouble?post-40-0-98941400-1326401532_thumb.jpg post-40-0-31864900-1326401543_thumb.jpg You would think that the Red Cross Philippines would have something set up already.
SIMPLE, OUR RH FACTOR is not compatiblewith the local blood( this is not to be to be Racist or Rude) ,this is the most simple way to explain, Finding other sources of Blood products, consider some of the expat groups. American womens club, American association Philippines if their is an International school in your area,contact your local embassy Know who your local expats are, even if your not on a 1st name basis or bar room drinking buddies.since the bases have closed down, Blood products for US, the expats here in the RP has dropped the "reserve" supply is low,at times NIL, as some blood products have a very limited shelf/storage life.
  • Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
You would think that the Red Cross Philippines would have something set up already.
Someone has indeed tried, it is just not well supported. Rather than reinvent the wheel, someone who seriously wanted to get involved with it may want to try to help them with their web site here.The idea is good but I have been watching it for a while now and the numbers of participants are not increasing very quickly, however, if all the expats from all the forums were to enter their info then that might be the catalyst to get it to take off. NOTE: I don't know these people and therefore cannot vouch for them other than to say it looks like a good idea.
  • Like 1

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted
Well as a medical professional, I can say with certainty that the people of the Philippines have a RED blood type. The exact hue of course is determined by the red blood cells and if they are carring oxygen at the time they are viewed.Vulcans on the other hand have a green type of blood, due to the high copper content.Hope this helps
Now Bruce's secret is out! He's a Vulcan! Hehehe

Bruce
Posted
Posted
Now Bruce's secret is out! He's a Vulcan! Hehehe
Yeah... Ok... I guess it could be worse..... I certainly have been called worse! Hehehehehe