Airport Terminal Fee Cut To P550

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

http://globalnation....fee-cut-to-p550Good news for departing international passengers: The Manila International Airport Authority (MIAA) will rollback the P750 airport terminal fee to its original rate of P550 starting February 1.“The MIAA started imposing the additional P200 to the original P550 terminal fee on Feb. 1, 2007, to fund the acquisition of state-of-the-art security equipment at the terminals,” said MIAA General Manager Jose Angel Honrado, adding that the collection was intended for five years.“That five-year term will lapse on January 31 this year, so by February 1, the terminal fee for passengers on international flights will go back to its original rate”.

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I agree with you Art, its good news. The other thing that I have mixed feelings about is, I have heard they will include that tax in the price of the airline ticket so you pay it when you buy your ticket. That means if you miss your flight, change your mind, or in some cases just buy a throw away ticket to appease the BI then you will still be paying the airport tax.How many people does that affect? I am not sure about others but I know it affects me and when I googled: "how many people miss their flight" I got over 2 million results.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)
I have heard they will include that tax in the price of the airline ticket so you pay it when you buy your ticket
I doubt that will ever happen with the terminal fee! The travel tax though have been done either way, not included when airfare is purchased on-line (example, like the throw away tickets) and when going through some (not all) travel agencies, they include the travel tax upon purchase of the tickets including the Philippine tax which is the norm, which is OK as long one is going to use the tickets! So, ask before you buy any plane tickets from a travel agent when it comes to throw away tickets. Anyway, that's what travel tax counter is for that's at the airport if it's not included in the price of your tickets, they will screen your passport for dates and then determine if you have to pay the travel tax or not! So no! The travel tax is not always an automatic add-on charge when departing the Philippines, it's based on one's immigration status and how long one has stayed in the Philippines! But what if it's a holiday and the travel tax counter at the airport is closed and your travel tax isn't paid? Then what? Will you still be able to get your boarding pass? I don't know, it has never happened to me! Edited by Art2ro