Abs-Cbn Tagalog News Video Of Balikbayan Box Pilferage

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

this is a good reason abet small to implement "Sharia" or part of the Muslim law for thievery.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Wish it was in English so I knew what they were saying :th_exactly:

• Like 1

Bruce
Posted
Posted

Which companies are involved? From what I see, but do not understand the language, it appears that the containers are simply opened and 'anyone' can walk in and grab a box. Which is certainly different than what the companies want the customers to know. We are led to believe that the containers are opend for customs and then sent to a secure warehoue where emptied and put into groups of boxes being sent to different locations for local distribution. Under a more secure and controlled environment than what this video shows.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Sorry guys the news report was not in English. My wife said.....Typical Filipino news reporting no names or facts were stated. Some Filipinos were saying there were items missing from boxes.

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted
Here is one of the response coming from a Fil-Am:

Alundio Aguilar on Sat, 01/14/2012 - 03:36

There is nothing new to this! BOC denying allegations of any wrongdoing is nothing short of saying "we are clean", yeah right! This has been going for decades at BOC. It's about time that the interests of those bosses at the BOC should be put aside and let them answer to the public of what's going on in their turf. The problem is, there is too many bosses and a lot of thieves wondering around the yard at customs. The boss at customs has to clean his act or he might as well quit. Hearing him explain to the media that "there are times those boxes have been ripped open un intentionally" was too lame of an excuse.And in reference to Ed Villas: this link is about Muslim capital punishment: http://www.philippin...dpost__p__29608

• Like 3

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted (edited)

Sad to see but one should never send money and real valuables in boxes and especially now that they are xraying packages. Basics translation, not word for word, just the gist of what was in the video. The Filipinos victims of the tampered balikibayan boxes speak up. A Filipino man who asked his relative for shoes shipped it to him and the shoes and $200 included was missing.Another cell phone, money and jewelry was taken.The customs guy said "what do you want us to do when the boxes arrive broken"The customs head said they are going to try to investigate the anomalies.

Edited by Mr. Lee
  • Like 2

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

In the past I did my fair share of shipping boxes to the Philippines via LBC, Forex and Star Cargo, DHL and FedEx for small packages and never had I anything coming up missing, but a little damage maybe when the box was dropped for some unknown reason and or the box burst from getting wet! I personally haven't shipped anything to anywhere in the past 13 years, because we're here now in the Philippines and have been the past 13 years and it's not what it used to be, more scrutiny using x-ray and longer shipping time!

• Like 2

Bruce
Posted
Posted

On thing I noticed about many of the boxes I had sent... every inch of the box was 'wrinkled'. Which means that no equipment was used to pick up or move the boxes other than manual labor. So the boxes were ROLLED, end over end across the room across the parking lot, across the shipping containers and trucks. So the box, while intact, had every inch of cardboard stressed and wrinkled.As for wet... 'they' the bad guys, wet the cardboard edge to loosen the tape bond, then BEAT the cardboard in and slip in their hand under the taped edge to feel around for something small and then steal it. Press the edge back into shape and let the box dry and the tape reseals......

• Like 2

Mike S
Posted
Posted

When I moved here my shipper in Florida advised me to tape every inch of my boxes with clear shipping tape so I put a 1/4 in. plywood bottom inside the box and then completely rapped the box with tape ...... first one way and then the other over lapping each strip by half ....... a damn bulldozer couldn't have gotten them open ...... when I brought my boxes back he laughed and said ..... "yours will make it .... those 2 over there won't" ...... they were done in normal Filipino fashion ..... only tape on the seams and tied with cord ......... he was right mine got here in perfect condition .... not sure about the other guys ..... :hystery: The shipping agent was amazed that I was going to live in the Philippines and couldn't get over "why anyone would want to live in that place" ........ he was Flipino and said he has never go back ..... go figure an Kano who will never go back to the US and a Filipino who will never go back to the Philippines ..... how ironic ....... :( :thumbsup: :hystery:

• Like 3